7

It was around 4am when I heard a consistent tapping on the door of my apartment, awaking me from my restless sleep. Knowing who it would be, I debated in my head if I even wanted to get up and see what he wanted. Hours before he announced that he had nine girls to fuck, pretty much. So I assume in those 5 hours the he must have been pretty busy. Ugh, the thought of it made me sick, but there was still that annoying voice inside my head telling me to at least go and see what he wants. Maybe he wanted to apologize? Maybe he came to get the rest of his stuff and leave for good? It was 4am after all, so the answer could be just about anything.

Pulling the door open, the man that completely shattered my heart stood before me - looking a little worse for wear. No words were exchanged, I just stepped back to let him in. I wasn't going to be the neighbor that aired her dirty laundry in the small hours of the morning for all ears to hear. My life was tragic enough for my own ears, I wouldn't want to subject that onto anyone else.

After I put the bolt back on the door, I turned around, faced by Q and his regretful eyes.

"I am so fucking sorry." He said, pulling me in tightly to his chest. I didn't react to the embrace and I definitely didn't hug him back. It definitely felt nice to have him actually apologize in the same night, but at the same time, I didn't know where he had been. He very well may have been at one of his new potential girlfriends house, and thinking that made me want out. Placing my hands on his chest, I pushed him away gently.

"Do you understand what you did to me tonight.?" I asked, not even hiding the hurt that was showing in the crack of my voice. His face told me that he knew, he hated the fact that I was upset and he hated that fact that he knew I would refuse any attempt of him trying to comfort me in that moment. He nodded, not taking his eyes away from mine, the look was one of deep understanding of my feelings.

"It was all talk." he admitted. But how was I going to just take his word for it?

"And how do I know that?" I folded my arms over my chest.

"I guess you don't. But I was with a friend, we went to a bar. That's all there was to tonight. There wasn't even any girls at the bar."

"Okay." I said, not entirely believing his story. Making sure that he knew that.

"Can you not do that?"

"Do what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"The 'okay' thing" he mocked the exact way that I had said it. I had done it many times before when situations didn't add up. And to say that he hated the tone of my voice when I used that word in such a way, was definitely an understatement.

"It's just hard to believe, that's all."

"Just like how it's hard to believe that you don't want me, yet I still can't be with anyone else? Because that's pretty weird." I gave him a glare, letting him know that I was starting to be done with his shit once more. "You don't think that's weird?"

"I didn't say that you couldn't be with anyone else, Brian. You said that, just now."

"You're standing here pissed right now, because I told you that I was going to see another girl."

"I'm not pissed, I was hurt."

"You don't want this. How are you gonna tell me that you're the one hurting?" He said, pointing back and forth between the both of us.

"No matter what I say, you're never going to get it, are you?" I said, upset appearing in my voice and eyes once more. "What did I say to you last night, after we had sex? Go on, tell me. Right after when you told me that you loved me."