Chapter 2

"Why does Sans do this, he will disappear with no explanation then come back ad refuse to tell the great Papyrus where he has been? He is my brother and I worry about him a lot, he's not very powerful and he has close to no HP!" I exclaimed into the phone, I heard Undyne sigh, it was silent for a little while.

"Have you ever thought that maybe your brother's a little more powerful than you thought? I mean he is able to take these short cuts and no matter what he will never take anyone else with him..." She said, I thought about it a little, no, my brother would tell me... Right?

"I... I don't know." I replied honestly, we were very distant nowadays.

"I'm gonna head over, we can talk more then, okay? And everyone else should be on their way soon." Undyne asked after a moment of silence, I agreed and hung up the phone. But soon after I hung up I heard the door open, it was much to early for it to be Undyne already so it must have been...

"SANS?" I asked, I heard the door shut behind the mystery person and I walked into the living room from the kitchen and saw a familiar figure, it was him alright, he was silent, too silent.

"WELCOME HOME BROTHER!" I said, sitting down next to him on the old and ripped couch, he looked down.

"BROTHER?" I asked again, his hood was up and he seemed to be staring off at something I couldn't place.

"Oh, sorry Paps, I was a little distracted. What's up?" He asked, a smile on his face but that smile seemed sad, and if you looked deep enough maybe a little determined. But monsters didn't have determination, what happened when he was out? I asked myself as we sat in silence, a few minutes later Undyne came in and when I was looking at her in the corner of my eye I noticed Sans checking something on his wrist, it definitely wasn't a watch.

"Hey pile a' bones!" Undyne exclaimed in her usual tone laced with a small amount of concern for Sans, but not enough for anyone to notice that easily, she did not wear her heart on her sleeve but nor did Sans, Sans hid his heart under layers on layers on layers of something and I had that feeling that finding out what that thing was, was the key.

"HeY UNdYnE." Me and Sans said in unison, she sat down on the other side of Sans cornering him, he seemed to realize this seconds later and swallowed, hard.

"Sans..." Undyne says, her usual hard exterior melting away and letting the concern that I barely saw surface, Sans got a cold look on his face, a look I didn't recognize, he didn't just look scared, he looked petrified...

"What?" He asked, he kept looking back and forth in-between me and Undyne. I let out a sigh and moved towards my brother.

"BROTHER, I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOU." I paused and quieted my voice.

"You'll go out for hours at a time and you wont tell me why then you'll come home battered and tired, Why?" I asked, he clutched his bony fingers together, latching on as is if was all that was keeping him alive, I heard several knocks on the door and nodded to Undyne silently asking her to make sure that Sans didn't escape. We needed to talk about this and if he left, when we could all help him together would be a mystery. I opened the door and Alphys and Toriel were standing at the door looking slightly sheepish.

"Hello Sans." Toriel Said, but no one exchanged pleasantries because the mission everyone was on was not a joyful one.

"Hi Sans." Alphys said, everyone sat down on the floor facing the couch and more importantly facing Sans.

"Whah, Hey guys. Hey Paps I didn't know you were havin' a party. Well, don't wanna interrupt your festivities so I'll just make like a tree and leaf." Sans said, a few people chuckled but when he tried to stand up to leave Undyne held a spear out to make sure he wasn't going anywhere.

"Sans..." Toriel said, all eyes were on the shorter skeleton as he sat there uncomfortably, a grin plastered on his face but again it didn't fit in with him.

"Everyone is worried about you, you'll disappear seemingly without reason and come back covered in cuts and... Is that a crack in your rib?" I paused, Sans looked down and pulled his jacket close to him, I sighed but continued.

"My point is you're not acting normal, and you warned me to stay away from a human named Chara or named Frisk, you seem to make empty jokes now to distract everyone from something, what is it you're hiding?" I asked, everyone nodded along with me.

"You barely come out to hang out with anyone anymore." Undyne said, setting down her spear.

"I cant remember the last time you visited." Toriel said in her usual calming tone but it was laced with so much worry and sadness.

"Look, I've been a little busy, why's this such a big deal?" Sans asked everyone sighed a little, he kept this facade up, did he not trust his own brother?

"We miss you, the normal you, making jokes and laughing and smiling, now your smile just looks empty..." Alphys said, Sans' white pupils dilated as his... Whatever it was on his wrist started beeping very loudly making sure its owner heard it and he did.

"I need to go." Sans said, Undyne held him down though, everyone looked worried.

"Cant let you leave, sorry." Undyne said, Sans sighed and mumbled something under his breath.

"Don't make me do this Undyne, I really don't want to but I have to leave now, its important." Sans said, what was he going on about? Undyne was in the royal guard and was literally the strongest guard ever, what did Sans think he was doing? No matter how you cut it I was always the stronger brother so he wouldn't even stand a chance! Maybe Undyne was right on the phone? Could he really be stronger than he pretended to be? But why would he hide that from me, his brother? Meanwhile Undyne was still blocking Sans way and the thing on his wrist kept beeping louder and more angrily.

"Sorry Undyne, I gotta go." Sans said before he snapped his fingers and he was on the other side of her, did he just teleport? No that's impossible but he ran really fast out of our home, I ran after him but he was much faster than me, how? I had never even seen him even exercise. All I knew was he was gone and I had no idea where he went, needless to say I was terrified for my brother, what was that on his wrist and why did he run away? My mind was filled with questions, I thought I knew my brother but it turns out I was wrong, I had no idea who he even was anymore.

"What.. Just happened?" Asked Undyne, shocked as she walked out of the house followed by everyone else all with shocked looks on their faces, as soon as Sans got back he would have a whole lot of explaining to do, until then everyone decided to stay at the skeleton's house because of the complete mystery my own brother had turned out to be. How did it take this long for me to notice and where did he even go?