The Carriage

As Zara stepped into the carriage, she felt cool air hit her face. She looked around. Inside, it was like a mansion. There were polished wood floors, green plants were in every corner of the room. The walls were a pale blue and the stairs were wide and made of marble. There were about three floors, all containing different rooms. She stood in awe. The door to the carriage opened, which startled Zara, and behind her and a young boy ran in. He was wearing the school uniform and had brown hair that was styled upward, and bright green eyes.

"Hello, my name is Archer, sorry I didn't mean frighten you," he said.

"It's alright. My name is Zara, nice to meet you."

"You might want to get changed into your uniform. We will be taking off soon," Archer said.

Zara nodded and ran into the bathroom. The floor was brilliant white tial, and the walls were a light shade of pink. She then changed into her uniform, shoved her old clothes in the Beauxbatons trunk that she got, and walked out of the bathroom. Archer was still there waiting for her.

"Do you want to go to the dining hall, everyone is about to have lunch," Archer said.

"Sure," Zara said, hoping that this would be the beginning to a new friendship.

They walked up the marble stairs, their feet making small noises as the collided with the stone. When they made it to the top, they took a left and walked over to a large, open doorway. Inside was a huge room with one long oak table. Zara and Archer walked over to it and sat down.

The table was full of people, chattering and yelling. Then, small creatures that Archer had called house-elves, rushed in bearing plate of food. They threw the plates up in the air and snapped their weird looking fingers. The plates appeared in front of them. People then grasped for the food and took spoonfuls of different items onto their plates.

"So," Archer asked. "How was the trip to Lumière Avenue?"

"It was good, I got all my school supplies and this wand."

Zara took out her wand and the sparkles in the wood caught everyone's eyes. The room went silent.

"My God," someone to her right said. "That's the stardust wand!"

"Why is it so special?" Zara asked nervously.

Color rushed to her face. She hated all the attention focused on her.

"That wand is legend!" Someone said.

A voice rang out across the table.

"Everyone! Go back to eating and stop bothering your fellow student!"

Everyone stopped staring and quickly began eating again.

"Archer, why is this wand legend?" Zara asked.

Archer looked at her for a second, confused about how she didn't know, then shrugged his shoulders.

"This wand is amazing," Archer said. "It was forged thousands of years ago, under the orders of and the ancient witch queen of France. She was lovely, but she was dying. She had no bloodline left, so she knew the monarchy would fall apart. She then ordered that the best wizards and witches of their time to forge a wand. They went to the four corners of the earth for the materials to make that wand. The witch queen then enchanted it so when it chose someone, that person would become the heir to her throne. The monarchy has not been ruling for many years, but now it can be reestablished. Zara, you are the heir. You are the next queen."

Zara looked at him in awe. She was now royalty! She could hardly believe it.

-

As everyone finished their lunch, a woman voice rang through the carriage.

"We are now preparing for takeoff. We will be arriving at Beauxbatons shortly.

Zara felt a small jolt as the carriage lifted into the air. She ran out of the room and looked at the big glass window on the wall to her left, She saw the city shrink before her, and disappear behind the clouds.

For what seemed like a few hours, she was sitting by the same window with Archer. They had been talking and practicing their magic. There wasn't a rule about not practicing magic outside of school at Beauxbatons.

They looked out the window and saw a beautiful palace. It was surrounded by immense gardens, filled with flowers and small ponds. There was also a large fountain, surrounded by roses. The carriage dipped down and it hit the ground. The other carriages landed as well. They were finally at Beauxbatons.