Stardust

The door to the wand shop creaked open, sending a shiver down Zara's spine. The place looked old and dusty, but still, welcoming. She shut the door behind her. Zara then looked around, staring at the shelves. There were rows full of boxes, clearly containing wands. She walked up to the front desk.

"Hello?" she called.

A young man appeared from behind one of the shelves.

"Why hello there," he said. "My name is David. No doubt that you are looking for a wand. You look the age."

"Umm, yes," Zara said nervously.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be fine," David said.

He then went behind the shelves and came back out carrying an armful of boxes. He opened one up, revealing a thin wooden rod. It was engraved with small designs, and the handle branched out like flower petals.

"14 inches, phoenix feather, maple wood, and unyielding," David said.

He handed the wand to her.

"Wave it, don't be afraid."

Zara gave the wand a wave, and boxes fell off the shelves, slamming onto the floor.

"Oh dear, definitely not the right one for you," David said.

He handed her a pale brown wand with the handle curving into a unicorn head.

"12 inches, unicorn hair, obviously, oak wood, flexible," David informed.

She took it and gave it a wave. A bang filled the air.

"Nope," David said.

They tried wand after wand, until it seemed like at least a half hour, when David handed her a wand that seemed to call to her. It looked like the wood itself was sparkling. For the handle, carved in roots wrapped around a small crystal ball. The wand then extended up into a smooth rod. Zara gave it a flick.

The entire room lit up around her. Golden dust flooded out of the tip of the wand and surrounded her hand. Then, everything went silent.

"This is the wand for you," David whispered.

Zara stood in awe, staring at the magical object.

"What's the length, wood, and those other things?" Zara asked.

"The length is fifteen inches, the wood is cherry, it is inflexible, and the core is stardust," David said.

"Stardust?" Zara asked.

"Its very rare, here let me explain."

David pulled out a wand from under his desk and waved it in the air. A picture appeared in the air of a magical creature she had never seen before. Next to it was another one of the same creature. The only difference was the first contained a pelt that looked like moving sky, and the mother contained the night sky. The creatures slowly moved their wings and took off in the air.

"When a thestral and a unicorn have a foal, they create a creature of pure starlight, mixed with both light and darkness inside of it. During the day, it's fur will look like the sky and clouds, and at night, it will look like the stars and the night sky. Out of its horn, it will rain pure stardust. That stardust is inside your wand Zara," David said.

The picture disappeared.

"Your wand is unique. Only one wand with the core of stardust had been made, and it's in your hands," David whispered. "Pay for your wand, and then go out and perform extraordinary magic. You will be a great witch, I can tell."

Zara handed david the galleons, waved goodbye, and left the wand shop.

Outside she saw Aurora.

"Hey, let me see your wand," Aurora said.

Zara handed her her wand and she looked at it in awe.

"Why it's beautiful!" Aurora exclaimed. "You have all of your school supplies right?"

"Yes," Zara said.

"Follow me," Aurora said.

They walked down Lumière Avenue until they reached the end of the road. Here, there was a small clearing, surrounded by pale blue walls and carriages, getting pulled around by pegasi.

"Here is the transportation to Beauxbatons. There are only four carriages, which seems like a little amount, but inside, they are ginormous, just like that room in the pet shop where the thestrals were. I hope to see you again soon," Aurora said.

WIth that, she apparated away. Zara then went over to the carriages, where the driver asked to see her letter. When she showed it to him, the door to the carriage swung open, and she walked inside.

Magic Isn't Always Beautifulजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें