Chapter 1.

I kick my skateboard up, leaning it against the wall when I got home.

"Biljana" Mom calls out from the kitchen. "Come here. We need to talk" She says seriously. I'm starting to get worried, since the last time she spoke this seriously to me, she told me my dog Bob had died.

"What's up, mom?"

"Honey, I didn't want to tell you this but," She sighs. "I lost my job... and now we're going to lose the house"

"Mom, it's fine! Why didn't you tell me!? I'm going into a competition tonight! If I win, I get $10,000! We can use that-"

"Billy, sweetheart!" She cuts in. "You are going to win that money, then you're going to use it to fly to a nice island. My old high school best friend lives there."

"Mum $10,000 is a lot but... I don't think it'll be enough for us to move out of the country."

"That's why you, and only you, are going to move in with Christopher, and his wife, Harper."

"What!? Mum, what about you!?"

"I will be fine, I'll only have to pay for one person, which should buy me more time. Then, I can get a job and work on keeping the house and possibly getting you back." She smiles, her green eyes glistening with sorrowful tears.

"I love you mommy!" I hug her.

"Mommy?" She chuckles, tears silently streaming down her face. "You haven't called me that since you were six, and wanted a chocolate biscuit." She smiles at me. "I love you too, sweetie."

(A/N)

Just btw Biljana Lilly Ryder is Billy's full name which you should have guessed!

Ok short chapter to start the book. Don't worry I will probably make them longer. Also if it is an authors note thing like this I will wait till the end/start of a chapter and put it in bold and I will probably forget to write (A/N) because I'm lazy. Love y'all!

;)
-Dj