9 | Dinner Disaster

Start from the beginning

"Not trying to reach out to my mom and dad." She whispers. I instantly lift my hand over her wrist and open up her hand, slip my fingers in between hers, and let her fingers slowly hug to my hand.

"You're brave, you know that?" I say quietly, looking back at her face

"You're brave, you know that?" I say quietly, looking back at her face. She turns her head, our eyes lock, and she gives me a slight smile.

"Thanks." She whispers. I give her hand a gentle squeeze, just reminding her I'm here and not leaving her side anytime soon. "You're family's amazing, Ross. Your mom is so flipping sweet, it's unbelievable. And your dad was sweet too, even if I've only said a few words to him. Even your dang siblings are sweet. They actually seemed to care about what I thought about the concert and what I do for a living. You're really lucky to be able to do what you love with the people you love most on this earth." She rambles, squeezing my hand every few words. A small smile has appeared on my halfway through her ramble.

"I am thankful. Everyday I remind myself how lucky I am. It's truly is the best thing a guy, or anyone in this case, could ask for." I whisper. "What's your favorite movie?" I ask, trying to her mind off of the family topic. She took a deep breath and loosened her grip on my hand a bit, but didn't pull it away at all.

"Any Harry Potter movie really. I feel like I've told you I'd marry Harry Potter over anyone anyway, even if he is just a fictional character. I wouldn't even marry Daniel Radcliffe, it absolutely has to be Harry." She says, looking at me with a smile. "What about you, Rossy?"

• • •
| Laura Marano |

"Okay, that is the sweetest story ever." I gush to Rydel, who's was walking right beside me as we made our way to the close by restaurant. She was telling me about her and Ellington's story,and I found it absolutely adorable. The boys were trailing a bit behind us, but Mark and Stormie were a bit in front of us. Vanni had to fly down to California for some yoga things this morning, so as of now, it's just me and Rydel.

"Yeah, I'm glad it happened that way." She admits. She wasn't in heels right now, so I was only like five inches shorter, which is an accomplishment. "So, who was your first kiss?" She asks. "And boyfriend." I bite the inside of my cheek and look up at her.

"I haven't had my first kiss or first boyfriend." I say.

"Don't worry about it, you're only nineteen. I didn't get those things till my second month of being twenty." She replies. The question lingering in my mind since the bus ride to Albany has been bothering me all day.

"Hey, Ross mentioned your manager set him up with a girl to date. Who was it?" I ask, trying not to sound desperate. "He kept blowing off the question and everything." I add. Rydel sighs and shakes her head, walking through the restaurants doors.