Chapter 1

Lena sat down in front of the TV. From all that has been happening, this was her only moment of relaxation.

 "Noooooo !!!". Which didn't last long. UGH, JONNY AND JOSIE ARE FIGHTING AGAIN she thought.

 "Mother, can you handle this ?" She shouted to make sure sarafine heard it upstairs.

 "Lena ! Help ahhhhhhhh !" Sarafine was one of the people who could not handle kids. Specially Lena's kids. HUH, I'D BETTER GET UP THERE BEFORE THE KIDS SHAVE OF THEIR "GAMMA'S" EYEBORWS. She didn't want another episode of what happened last week. Lena shook of the bad flashbacks forming in her mind. She bolted up the stairs. The stairs creaked with every step. That's what it was like to live in Wate's landing. Ethan had insisted on living there when they got married. The walk to the kid's bed seemed to go on forever. Lena couldn't stop worrying about sarafine. WHY DID I ASK HER TO BABYSIT AGAIN ?? The opened the door with led her to see the horrifying. Josie was on top of her bed ready to jump as Jonny held Sarafine to the ground. Josie was just about to jump on her grandmother when Lena screamed.

 "Josie ! Stop, you don't jump on gamma. Remember what I taught you." Lena was calm as the eye of a hurricane. 

 "Lena, oh thank god. Why don't your kids understand that I've changed. I'm not the dark caster I was before." It was true. Sarafine followed Ethan's way of getting back to the real world. I guess you could call her semi nice .

 "Wait, where's Julz ?" Lena started to panic. 

"Mama, I'm in the bathroom" a small voice. So quiet the you had to know when to hear it. Lena noticed the room around her. Another terrifying sight.

 "Kids, clean up this room. Your dad will be home any minute.  I want this room clean by dinner" DINNER. That reminded her to make dinner. 

"Mama, can we have ice cream for dinner ?" Lena ignored the question. 

She ran down the stairs to the kitchen. It still smelled like amma's famous pecan pie. She never wanted the smell to fade. She had kind of preserved it. OK. DINNER. She pulled out a pack of spaghetti. One of the very few things the kids would actually eat. She had found a cast to make it just perfect. Also it spared her a lot of time. She finished just when the front door opened. ETHAN, HE'S HOME. 

"Where's my lovely family" he was just the same as he had always been.

 "Daddy, daddy, daddy." Josie came running down the stairs."we're having ice cream for dinner !"

"Sure we are honey" Ethan always said that.

"No we're not" Lena sounded casual

 Ethan stared into Lena's eyes. One gold, one green. He fell in love with her all over again. Every single time he looked into those eyes. The moment broke by the crying from the baby monitor. 

"He's crying again. Ethan can you take care of this."

"Of course, he was named after me." Ethan came down holding His child.  Ethan Jr. He was seven months now. Lena saw sarafine coming down behind him. 

"Well I'm done here. Bye kids"

"Love you gamma" Jonny was never that fond of sarafine but he knew his manners. 

"Mamma I'll get the sprinkles for the iceream" Josie was all in 

"Josie we aren't having ice cream for dinner. I made spaghetti" Lena used her mother voice

"Okie mamma... So what flavour is it 'cause I want the cookies and cream one"

"For the last time we are not having ice cream. Now is your room clean, I'm coming to check in a minute." Josie ran up the stairs. She knew when her mother was serious. Ethan moved closer to Lena, staring at her green and gold eyes.

"You're so pretty when you're agitated." Lena smiled. He bent down to kiss Lena. It had been eight years since the burning had stopped but he always felt like it was a new thing. No matter how many kids, or how many deaths, they still loved each other the way they did in high school.