Chapter Twenty-seven

*one month later*
  We are back in California for the last few days of tour, and Andy is going back to see his therapist today about his recurring nightmares. They had gotten better, but Andy still wanted to go and get some stuff off of his chest. Andy sighed as he pulled his shirt over his head and slipped on his combat boots.
    "Andy, it's going to be okay. They are probably going to give you a little bit of something that will help you sleep. That or will tell you to keep it up with the tea. When you get back to the bus, we'll go by and see if we can get you a big dreamcatcher for your bedroom and you can hang it over your bed."
I say.
  He sighs and nodds. He then presses a kiss to my forehead.
    "I'll see you when I get back."
I say.
  He gives me a small smile and nodds. I hug him around his waist. He hugs back and buries his face into my hair. He then pulls away.
    "I gotta go before I'm late."
He says.
  I nodd. He walks out and closes the the bus door behind him. I sigh and pull out my phone and put on headphones. No one else is awake right now because Andy's appointment was early this morning. I listened to music for a while before Caleb came stumbling into the living room area in pajamas.
    "Hey there, sleeping beauty. Sleep well?"
I joke.
  He chuckles.
    "Why are you up so early?"
He asks.
    "Andy's appointment was this morning and I woke up when he did."
I explain.
    "Oh. Everything okay?"
He asks.
    "Yeah, he just wanted to talk to his therapiest about the dreams that he was having. They aren't as frequent anymore since we did the whole tea and dreamcatcher thing though."
I say.
  He nodds, understanding. Soon the rest of the bands are waking up. I sigh and run a hand through my hair. I am kind of anxious to know what Andy's therapiest is going to say about his dreams. Would they make him come back and stay a little while longer? Would they put him on stronger medicines? I'm kind of scared to know what they are going to say. What if they something that makes him break up with me? What if he gets worst again? I don't want what happened last time he got bad again to happen again. I can't stand to lose him. Not right now. Not ever.
    "You okay, McKinley?"
Caleb asks.
    "Yeah, I was just simply lost in thoughts."
I say.
    "Oh."
He says.
  I nodd and pull out my phone and playing around on Twitter and instagram a little while. Soon enough, Andy comes walking through the door. He has a Walgreens bag in his hands.
    "They uped some of my medicines and put me on a light sleeping aid to take when needed."
He says.
    "What else did they say?"
I ask.
    "He said that the dreams are not uncommon, but since they were semi-uncontrol and what not he didn't want me to do therapy sessions because it could make them come back ten times worse."
He says.
  I nodd and he comes over and sits beside me.
    "I can't believe that we are on the last show of the tour."
I say.
    "I know. It's crazy it seemed like just yesterday we started the tour back up."
Andy says.
    "Yeah, I know. I am going to miss you so much when we have to go back to our own houses and such. Just promise that you'll call if the dreams get bad again while we are away from each other."
I say.
  He wraps his arms around me.
    "Of course, Angel. You know I will."
He says.
  I sigh and nodd. I'm not really for sure how I feel about us being separated after the tour ans everything. Then with us saying 'I love you,' it is going to make things so much harder. Our relationship has grown stronger and I'm afraid if we don't see each other more than Skype calls and such then we'll be as close as strangers. I don't want to lose him. Andy gently rubbed my shoulders.
    "What's wrong?"
He whispers.
    "I'm just scared. That if we split up that we are going to end up becoming as close as strangers. I don't want that Andy. I don't want to lose you."
I say, looking into his bright blue eyes.
    "Angel, you aren't going to lose me. I won't let that happen. I mean, if you want to I'll let you come and stay with me in California."
He says.
    "Andy, what would I do with Max? I can't just leave him."
I say.
    "You can bring him. I'm sure that Jake or CC wouldn't mind taking care of him for a little while. I mean, if you feel uncomfortable being away from me that long then let me know Angel. I can't read your mind."
He says, rubbing his hands on my arms.
    "I don't know Andy. I'm not sure about California. I mean Georgia is my home. It has been for a while now. They are the only family I have left."
I say, looking down.
  He gently tilts my face up with his hands.
    "Angel, we are your family too. Me and the boys. We want you to be able to be comfortable around us. I mean, you are my girlfriend and I fucking love you Angel."
He says.
  I rest my head on his chest.
    "I'm sorry okay?"
I say.
  He sighs and gently rubs my back.
    "Listen, how about this Angel we'll go on a vacation. Just me and you. We'll get away from it all. You name the place and we'll go."
He says.
  I sigh.
    "I don't know Andy."
I say, unsure.
  He cups my cheeks.
    "You can't say that you don't want to get away for a while. No phones, no shows, nothing. Just you and me and wherever you want to go."
He says.
  I sigh.
    "Fine."
I say.
  He smiles.
    "Now where do you want to go? The sky's the limit. Wherever you want to go."
He says.
    "I don't know Andy. I'm not big on traveling."
I say.
    "How about this? I'll carry you to Britain and we'll stay a little while and then maybe France. Then we'll come back home."
He says.
    "Sounds fun."
I say, with a small smile.
    "Angel, everything is going to be okay. We are going to go on this vacation and stuff is going to be okay, alright."
He says.
  I sigh and nodd.
    "When are we going to pack and stuff?"
I ask.
    "We'll go our houses and pack and I'll met you at the airport in Atlanta in day two or three days? I mean, I'll call you of course."
He says.
  I nodd.
    "Okay."
I say.
  He sighs and presses a kiss to my forehead.
    "I love you beautiful."
He whispers.
    "I love you too."
I whisper back.
  He rests his forehead against mine. I close my eyes and take him in. I sigh and breathe in deeply. He gently plays with the hair at the nape of my neck.
    "It's going to be okay Angel. Our realtionship is going to be okay, you are going to be okay, I'm going to be okay, everything is going to be just fine."
He whispers.
  I let out a yawn as he plays with my hair.
    "Get some rest Angel. I'll be right here when you wake up."
He whispers.
  I cuddle into his chest more and slowly fall asleep to the sound of his steady heartbeat.

*Andy*
  I sigh and look down at my Angel sleeping peacefully in my arms. I gently play with her hair. She sighs and cuddles more into me. I'm really worried about her. She is really worrying me with the whole talk of losing me and is being as close as strangers. I wanted to ask her to move in with me, but she said that she didn't want to leave Georgia. I can't leave L.A. because it's where my band is, where my dream is. It kills me to hear her cry and hear her this way. She whimpers slightly in her sleep and her fingers curl around my tshirt. I gently run my fingers through her hair and her face scrunches up.
    "McKinley, Angel wake up. It's just a dream."
I say, gently shaking her.
  Her eyes snap open and she immediately curls into my neck, her arms around me. I could tell that she was crying from the way she was shaking. I gently rub soothing circles on her back. She eventually stopped crying and pulls away.
    "Are you okay, Angel?"
I whisper.
  She nodds.
    "Just a bad dream."
She says.
    "Do you want to talk about it?"
I ask.
    "It was a flashback dream and instead of Brandon being in it, you were."
She whispers.
    "What was it about?"
I ask.
    "I saw the car wreck happen. There was nothing I could do."
She whispers.
    "I'm sorry."
I whisper.
  She shakes her head.
    "It's okay. It's not your fault. I just get the flashback dreams every once in a while."
She whispers.
    "How about we watch some tv to get your mind off of everything?"
I suggest.
  She nodds. I pick her up bridal style and carry her back to our bunk. I place her inside first and then climb in. I grab my laptop and log into my Netflix. I soon put on the season and episode of Supernatural that we are on. McKinley rests her head on my shoulder and is sucked into the world of Supernatural. I smile and watch her as she watched the laptop screen contently. After we had watched four episodes, I could tell McKinley was getting sleepy. By the end of the fifth one, she was sound asleep. I logged out of Netflix and put away my laptop. I pressed a kiss to McKinley's forehead.
    "Sweet dreams, Angel."
I whispered, pulling the blankets over the two of us.
  She cuddles closer to me with her head on my chest. I smile and wrap my arms around her before falling asleep.