Chapter Fourteen

The next day I wake up to once again pots and pans being beat and banged around. I walked downstairs in my Batman pajama pants and a black tank top. All of the boys minus Andy of course were in the kitchen.
    "Hey McKinley!"
Ashley shouted when he saw me.
  I gave a small wave and walked to the refrigator and grabbed a bottle of water. I'm never really in a good mood when someone wakes me up.
    "You going to see Andy again today?"
Jinxx asks as he flips the pancake that is in the pan he is using to cook with.
    "Yeah, I planned on going to visit him everyday that I am here until the second. I won't be able to them because my flight is too early."
I say.
  Jinxx nodds.
    "Alright. I can run you by there before I go to my girlfriend's house."
He says.
  I nodd.
    "I'm going to go get dressed. Andy said that visiting is only an hour so someone will have to come by and pick me up in an hour."
I say.
    "I can. Then if you want we can hang out at my house for a little while so you don't have to sit here by yourself."
CC says.
    "Okay, sounds cool."
I say.
  I then go to the bedroom that I have been staying in. I went to my suitcase and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, a red shirt with headphones printed on it, and a black cardigan. I then grabbed my red converse. I got dressed and added a bit of makeup to my tanned skin. I walked downstairs and Jinxx was pulling on his shoes.
    "Ready to go?"
He asks, grabbing his keys.
    "Yeah."
I say.
  I grab my messenger bag and we walk out to his car with the guys trailing behind us. I climbed into Jinxx's car and he drove to the center where Andy was staying. I walked inside and the lady at the front desk looked up and smiled.
    "Oh hello McKinley. Are you back to see Mr. Biersack?"
She asked.
    "Yes."
I answer.
    "I'll lead you to his room. He knows where to go from there."
She says.
  She showed me to Andy's room. He looked up from the book that he was reading and smiled.
    "Hey McKinley, are you ready to see the garden out back?"
He asks.
  He then stood up and slipped on the slippers beside the bed he was currently sitting on. He then came over and slipped his fingers through mine. Best friends hold hands right? We walked out the back door. I gasped when I took in all the beautiful flowers. I smiled when the wind ruffled through my messy black curls.
    "This is really beautiful."
I say.
  Andy smiles.
    "Yeah, I like sitting out here and writing songs and stuff. It's really calming out here. With the birds and all."
He says.
  I nodd.
    "Yeah, it feels calming. I could stay out here for ages. I wish that my grandma would have planted flowers. She mostly planted vegetables. I hated having to go out there and helping picking them when it was time. It sucked."
I say.
  He chuckled.
    "I can only imagine."
He says.
  I sigh and take in the crisp winter air.
    "I'm going to miss you when you leave."
He says.
    "Me too. I'll happy when you get out of here so we can spend more time together."
I say, leaning against his shoulder.
    "Yeah, and we'll go and get your tattoo you've been wanting done. When I get out I want to get some work done myself."
He says.
    "I had completely forgotten about my tattoo idea."
I say.
    "Yeah, well in your defense you have been running like crazy."
He says.
    "Yeah, I have been running like crazy. We all have."
I say.
  We just say there in a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company. I was now laying on Andy's stomach and he was running his hand through my messy curls. I hummed in approval. Andy chuckled. 
    "What? I like when people play with my hair."
I say.
    "Yeah, I like when people play with my hair as well."
He says.
  He continues to gently massage my scalp with his fingertips. I sigh in content. He chuckles.
    "You're making me sleepy."
I whine.
  He laughs.
    "You'll be okay. I'm sure you'll go and get a monster when you leave from here. Who's coming to pick you up?"
He asks.
    "Jinxx went somewhere with his girlfriend so CC is coming to pick me up and we are going to hang out a little while until Jinxx gets home."
I say.
    "Oh thats cool. What are y'all going to do?"
He asks, sounding a bit jealous.
    "I don't know. We'll probably hang out and watch movies or something."
I say.
    "So Jake told me that you were going to switch companies when your contract runs out. Have you decided who you are going to?"
He asks, still fiddling with my hair.
    "Well, we've talked to Sumerian and Big Machine records. We have also talked to Average Joe's which is a good label, they produced Brantley's albums and the managers aren't complete dicks."
I say.
    "Oh. That's cool."
He says.
  Andy looks up when the nurse calls his name. He then sighs.
    "Visiting time is over."
He says.
  I get up and then help him up.  He hugs me and rests his chin on my shoulder.
    "I just hope I can be out for your birthday."
He whispers.
    "If you can't Andy I understand. It wouldn't be your fault."
I say.
  He sighs and pulls away.
    "Technically yes it would be. The entire reason I am in here is my fault. It's my fault that I am here. It's my fault that she left me and all of that. She was ready for the next step in our relationship and I wasn't. She just didn't understand why I wasnt ready. I was scared that I would be a bad father. I'm insecure and it's not hard to realize that."
He says.
    "I know Andy. I used to be really insecure and not even want to leave the house without a baggy hoodie on. It took Brantley a year to convince me that it didn't matter what other people thought as long as you are happy and the people around you are happy. That's all that matters. Brantley is the reason that I tried out for sports and started my music career and all of that."
I say.
    "Yeah, it takes a lot of courage. When you are constantly bullied and kicked down it's hard, but eventually you are able to stand back up and do it."
He says as we walk back to his room.
  I nodd.
    "Back before my grandparents found out about me and adopted me I got bullied a lot because I was an orphan. I mean it wasn't my fault."
I say.
  He nodds and gives me one last hug as he walks me to the door where CC is waiting. I bury my face into his chest.
    "I don't wanna go."
I pouted.
  He chuckled.
    "I know, but you got to go or they will call the police."
He says.
  I sigh and pull away. He kisses me on the forehead.
    "I'll see you tomorrow."
He says.
    "Okay."
I whisper.
  He lets go of my waist and I walk over to where CC is standing. He gives me a smile.
    "You ready to go hang out?"
He asks.
    "I vote we go back to your place and watch Netflix and eat snacks and drink soda."
I say.
  We walk out to CC's car and he unlocks it. We climb inside and he cranks the car.
    "So how was today with Andy?"
He asks.
    "It was great. We went out back in the garden and hung out and talked about music and such."
I say.
  He nodds and drums his fingers on the steering wheel.
    "I know he'll be glad to get out of there. Everytime I come up here that's all he can talk about that and getting back on the road so that he can make music for the fans."
He says.
  We make it to CC's house and he grabs tons of junk food and sodas from the kitchen pantry. We then go into the living room and he turns on the tv.

----------------------------------
  We spent the day watching pointless movies and eating junk food and drinking soda. There was a knock on the door. CC went and opened it and it was Jinxx. He came in.
    "You ready to go home?"
He asks.
  I nodd and pull on my shoes letting out a huge yawn. We walk out to his car. We climb inside and he cranks it and we ride in with the radio playing in the background to his house. I was half-asleep when we got there. I climbed out and we walked inside. I went upstairs and changed into pajamas while Jinxx cooked dinner. I then came back downstairs and helped him. Once it was finished we ate. I yawned again. He chuckled.
    "Go get some rest. You look like you need it."
He says.
  I nodd and go upstairs. I climb into the bed and pull the covers over my head. I instantly fell asleep.