Chapter Seventeen

*one week later*
  I sighed and rolled over to turn off my alarm when it went off. I got out of bed and went to my closet. I pulled out a pair of distressed skinny jeans and a white tank top with a studded cross across the front. I quickly changed and pulled on my white sanduals. I let my hair fall in its natural curls and added light makeup to my tanned skin. I grabbed my messenger bag, phone, and keys. I then grabbed Max's leash, bed, and food. I clipped Max's leash to his collar and lead him downstairs.
    "You are going to go stay a little while with Aunt Becky, but mama promises that she will come and see you."
I say as I put him in the passenger side of my truck.
  He looks out the window, wagging his tail, the entire time that we are going down the road to Aunt Becky's house. I clipped his leash to his collar and he followed me out of the truck. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later Aunt Becky answered the door.
    "Oh McKinley, I completely forgot about you bringing Max over."
She says, taking the leash from me.
  I come inside and take it back and unclip it from his collar.
    "I have to go and get his stuff and then I have to get to the airport. The guy's flight lands anytime now, and I want to be there when it lands so that they don't have to wait."
I say.
    "Alright. You be careful on the instate. Lord knows that there are some idiots out there that can't drive."
She says.
    "Yeah, that's definitely the truth."
I say.
  I then jogg out to my truck and grab all of Max's stuff. I brought it back inside and placed it beside the couch. I leaned down to Max's level and scratched behind his ears.
    "You listen to Aunt Becky. I will come by and check up on you so you better listen."
I say.
  He whines and licks my cheek.
    "Good boy. I got to go now, but I will be back to check on you tomorrow okay?"
I say.
  He whines again. I stand up and grab my messenger bag and keys off the counter. I hug Aunt Becky.
    "Thank you for doing this. It means so much."
I say.
    "You're welcome. Now get going before you are late."
She says.
  I rush out to my truck and climb inside and I'm off to the airport. I sing along to Guns 'N Roses the entire way there. I finally turned into the airport. I could see the airplane touching down. I went inside with my sign that said, 'Biersack, Ferguson, Purdy, Mora, and Pitts.' I went to the line where everyone else who were waiting for the flight from California. I held up the sign and waited. I squealed when five sets of arms were hugged around me. I hugged back with a hug from on my face. Andy was the last one to let go.
    "It's soooooo good to see you guys."
I say, a smile still plastered across my face.
  Andy grinned.
    "It's amazing to be back in Georgia, with you. We finally get a break from all the heavy traffic and stuff."
He says.
  I help them with their things. Andy grabs the pet carrier from the baggage claim. He brings it up to his face.
    "Hey there boy."
He coos.
  I giggle. He looks up at me.
    "We need to stop by a pet store and pick up some pet supplies. I couldn't bring anything from the house because you know there wasn't anywhere to put it."
He says, throwing the strap of his duffle bag over his shoulder.
  I nodd.
    "I can do that. Max is staying with Aunt Becky while you guys are down. I think that Brantley and Amber might be stopping by later as well. They are supposed to be bringing Mason over so that you can meet him."
I say, bumping my shoulder with his.
  He smiles.
    "I've seen pictures on instagram. Like the ones that you guys have posted. He is so adorable. I can't wait to hold him."
Andy gushes.
    "He's a mess already. He sleeps all the time and eats a lot as well. He's going to be just like his father."
I say, laughing.
    "Oh goodness, from stories that I've heard from Brantley's mom then they are going to have their work cut out for them."
Andy says, as we pack all of their suitcases into my toolbox.
  Once we are finished, Andy climbs into the middle holding Crow with Ashley sliding in beside him.
    "If Mason is anything like Brantley was as a teenager, then they are in for one hell of a ride."
I say, as I pull out of the airport.
  As soon as I see a pet store I pull over and let Andy out. He goes inside, leaving me holding the pet carrier. I playing with the black and white cat through the cage. He swatted at my hand and I giggled lightly. I gasped when his mouth latched onto my finger and he used it as a pacifier. Ashley chuckled.
    "Don't be alarmed. He does the same thing with Andy all the time. Although, I think this is the first time that he has done it with someone besides Andy."
He says.
  I giggle when he wraps his paws around my hand holding it in place. A few minutes later, Andy came back and placed the bags into the toolbox with the rest of the stuff. Ashley got out and let Andy in. I sighed and tired to pull my hand away. Crow made a noise and held on tighter to my hand. Andy chuckled.
    "I think he really likes you."
He says.
  As soon as he heard Andy's voice he lets go. I gave the cage to Andy.
    "He was sucking on my finger like a pacifier."
I say.
  He chuckles.
    "He's does that with me all the time. That's the first time he's done that with someone he's just met though."
He says.
  I shrugg and pull back onto the interstate. I then get on the exit that would put me going to Covington.
    "We are going through the part of Georgia where they film some parts of The Walking Dead."
I say, drumming my fingers on the steering wheel.
  The boys chuckle. We finally manage to make it back to my house and I help the guys with their stuff. I showed them where they would be staying and what not. Since the last time I had transformed my basement into a chill area. It had a couple of futons and couchs and a tv.
    "This is new."
Ashley says.
    "Yeah, me and my friend, Kir, but this together a while ago before he went back on tour."
I say.
  Andy sits down the carrier holding Crow and opens the door. He walks out and immediately walks over to me. He rubs himself against my legs. I lean down and pet him. He purrs loudly. I smile. Andy chuckles.
    "He really has taken a liking to you."
Andy says.
  All the guys except Andy claim a spot. Andy was going to stay in the same room as before. Crow follows us upstairs to the main floor and then upstairs to where Andy would be staying. I had just got Andy settled in when the doorbell rang. I jogged downstairs and answered the door. It was Brantley and Amber with Mason. Brantley had Mason's diaper bag thrown on his shoulder. I awed silently at the sight. It was adorable seeing him interact with his son. Andy soon came jogging down the stairs. A grin spread across his lips when he saw Mason. He held his arms out and Brantley took him from Amber and gently gave him to Andy. Andy held him in his arms and gently cooed to him. I fangirled on the inside. Andy would be an amazing father one day. Mason reached up and touched his hand to Andy's face. Andy smiled and held his hand over Mason's tiny one. Mason cooed. Andy gently rocked him in his arms. I couldn't help but to stand awestruck at the moment happening in front of me. It was absolutely adorable. He then started fussing. Andy started to panic a bit and gently rocked him a bit faster. He looked relieved when he calmed down a bit. Amber checked the time.
    "He's probably hungry. If you can hold him until I make a bottle up, I'll feed him real quick."
She says.
  Andy nodds, still gently rocking him. She grabs the formula and bottle from his diaper bag. She goes into the kitchen to make up the bottle. She comes back a few minutes later and takes Mason from Andy's arms. Mason immediately takes the bottle into his mouth drinking hungryily. Andy chuckles.
    "He's so adorable."
Andy says.
    "Yeah, and he enjoys your music as well. Brantley was listening to it the other day and he went right off to sleep."
Amber said, chuckling.
  Andy grinns.
    "Maybe when he's older he can come to one of the shows."
He says.
  She nodds.
    "Yeah, definitely."
She says.
  Mason is soon finished with the bottle and asleep. Amber chuckles.
    "I'm going to go and lay him in the middle of your bed if that is okay with you."
She says to me.
    "Yeah, be sure to put some of my extra pilliows around him so he doesn't roll off."
I say.
  She nodds and walks upstairs. Brantley shakes his head.
    "Mason sleeps more than any baby I've ever known."
He says.
    "He's growing."
I say, bumping his shoulder.
  The rest of the guys come up from the basement and Amber comes down from my bedroom.
    "I vote we watch movies and eat junk food."
I say.
  Everyone chuckles but agrees. All the guys go and decide on a movie while me and Amber round up snacks. We got tons of candy and popped a couple bags of popcorn. Amber grabbed the packs of canned soda from my refrigator and we carried all of our stuff to the living room. I looked at the tv and noticed the guys had chosen the second Conguring movie. I gulped. I'm not a huge fan of scary movies. The only spot left to sit was beside Andy on the love seat. This is going to be awkward. As soon as the movie started I was burying my face into his shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. By the end of the movie my face was practically buried in his neck and I wasnt watching the movie at all. Brantley chuckled.
    "Can't take a little scary movie, McKinley?"
He asks.
  I flip him off from my hiding place. This makes him laugh. I soon decide that it is safe to come from my hiding place to see that they had decided to watch, Zombieland, one of my personal favorites. I grin and grabbed a bowl of popcorn and popped open another soda. I snort when the part where they accidently kill Bill Murray comes on.
    "That would be my luck."
Andy says, sitting down his soda.
  I giggle and nodd. I continue watching the movie. I adverted my eyes when I saw the part about the clown. I highly dislike clowns. They have always scared me ever since I was little.
-----------------------------------
  I carry the empty pizza boxes to the garbage dumpster as Andy sat on the couch, playing with Mason. I walked back inside and Amber and Brantley were rounding up getting ready to go. Andy then carries Mason out to Brantley's truck and straps him into the carseat. Brantley shook his hand and Amber hugged him.
    "It's really good to see you again, Andy. McKinley explained to us what happened and-"
    "Please Amber. It was a time when I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life anymore. I'm better now."
He says.
  She nodds and they both climb into the truck. Andy steps away back.
    "We'll see you in a few days I'm sure. McKinley usually comes and kidnaps Mason for a couple of hours during the day."
Brantley says.
  Andy nodds.
    "Alright."
He says walking back towards the house.
  Brantley pulls out of the driveway and Andy runs a hand through his hair. I gently put a hand on his arm.
    "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything to them. I just needed someone to talk to and I didn't want to upset you."
I say.
  He shakes his head and pulls me in for a hug.
    "It's completely okay."
He whispers.
  He gently rested his chin on my head and rubbed my back. I rested my head on his chest.
    "I wish that there was something that I could have done something before it got that bad. You shouldn't have had to go through that."
I whisper.
    "McKinley, it is not your fault. God, it's not your fault. I just in denial and stupid. It will never be your fault."
He whispers, pulling me away so that he can look into my eyes.
  I sigh and look down. He gently tilts my face up with his hands.
    "Please McKinley, don't feel guility."
He begs.
  I pull away from his grip and nodd. I sniffle lightly. I then walk back into the house. His light footsteps following behind me.
    "I'm going to go to bed."
I say, wiping under my eyes.
  He nodds. He then pulls me in and gently kisses my forehead.
    "Good night."
He whispers.
    "Good night."
I whisper.
  I then walk upstairs. I change into pajamas and crawl into bed. Tears roll down my cheeks as I think about what Andy said. I sigh and wipe them away before letting myself drift off into an uneasy sleep.