Chapter Eighteen

*one month and few days later*
(July 4th)

*McKinley*
  I sighed as I rolled out of bed. Its my birthday, and it's not really all the important to me because it's never really been celebrated much before. I walked into my closet and pulled out a pair of cut off shorts, a crop top shirt that said 'wild spirit' across it with a feather, and my British flag converse. I quickly changed and added a little bit of makeup to my tanned skin. I then walked downstairs. Brantley and the rest of the family decided that since it was my twenty-third birthday that we were going to go to a little pool hall type place and eat and what not. I'm not really even in the mood to be celebrating today. Daniel is mad because he listened to the new CD and he doesn't like the new sound that the band has. He is threatening to cut us loose, but I said that it would look bad on his image if he let go of his best people on the label. I walked downstairs and Jinxx was making breakfast. Andy was sitting at the counter, playing with Crow. I walked over and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigator.
    "Happy birthday."
Andy says, kissing my forehead when I sit down.
  I gave him a small smile.
    "Thanks."
I say.
    "What's wrong?"
He asks.
    "I'm just not really in the mood for celebrating my birthday. I've never really had a birthday until now. Like I didn't start celebrating my birthday until I was fourteen. My dad didn't believe in having a birthday party and all of that so we didn't celebrate my birthday. Then at the orphanage we definitely didn't celebrate it there because they were to cheap to even buy us new shoes. We would get stuff from chruches and thrift stores. Same goes for clothes."
I say.
    "Oh, if you feel uncomfortable with it we don't have to go out and do anything."
Andy says.
  I sigh.
    "I don't want to make Aunt Becky upset. She spent so much time calling everyone and arranging everything. I don't want to cancel it."
I say.
  He nodds.
    "That's understandable."
He says.
    "Yeah, I'm just hoping that it won't make me too uncomfortable. I don't want to ruin everyone's good time."
I say.
    "McKinley, what everyone will be worrying or should be worrying about is if you are having a good time or not. That and if you are comfortable or not. If it gets to be too much, we'll leave."
He says.
    "Okay."
I say, my voice quiet.
  With that the rest of the group were up from the basement and we were on the way to the pool hall. When we got closer, I felt my chest tighten up. I really don't want to do this today. Why is everybody making me do this today? I pulled into the parking lot and we all climbed out of my truck. I walked inside and the entire place was decorated. Alley soon ran over and threw her arms around my neck.
    "Happy birthday, baby girl!"
She squeals.
    "Thanks."
I say, quietly.
  We then continue walking farther inside. I looked around and a lot of my friends from high school and the road where around me. Alan came over and hugged me.
    "Hey there ginger."
I say, ruffling his hair.
    "Happy birthday."
He says, pulling away.
    "Thanks."
I say, looking away.
  Soon enough the party was started and music was pumped through the speakers. I had met some more of Andy's friends as well. I had met the lead singer and lead guitarist from a band called, Asking Alexandria and they were really funny. I was having a recently good time so far. That was of course until Ben, Brantley's drummer, showed up with Faith wrapped around him. She glared at me when she saw me. I knew instantly that something bad was going to happen. Andy sensed how tense I was. He pulled me to the side.
    "What's up?"
He questioned.
    "Brantley's drummer is here and he brought his girlfriend. Remember, the one I told you that wants to fight me?"
I say.
  He looks over to the doorway as Brantley goes over to talk to them.
    "Just ignore her. If she tries to come over here and start something we'll make her leave."
He says.
    "Yeah, because I really don'tfeel like getting arrested today."
I say.
  We then walk back over to where we were standing beside the others. We are instantly drug back into the conversation by Ben and the lead singer of his band, Denis. Soon enough, I am grabbed by the arm and pulled around. I gasped when Faith hit me in the nose. Andy pulled me away from her.
    "What the fuck!"
He growled.
    "She needs to learn how to stay away from people's boyfriends."
She says.
    "I never did anything to your boyfriend! I don't like him like that. He is my best friend, I think of him like a brother."
I hiss, cradling my now bleeding nose.
  Andy leads me to the bathroom and sits me on the counter. He grabs some paper towels and wets it a bit. He then squeezes it out and and gently wipes at my nose. I wince.
    "I know. I'm sorry. Its going to be a little sore. She got you pretty good. She had a ring on. You have a cut on your nose."
He says.
  Once he gets my face cleaned he holds a paper towel to my nose to get it to stop bleeding. I sigh.
    "I'm sorry your day got ruined."
I say.
    "My day? McKinley, it's your birthday not mine."
He says.
    "I still feel like people are celebrating for themselves instead of me. I don't really care about my birthday to be honest, it is one more year closer to dying."
I say.
  He sighs.
    "Don't think of it that way, McKinley. Tell you what, how about we leave and go back to your place and watch tv and eat snacks and such."
He says.
I nodd and he throws away the bloody napkin and gets more and wets it. He then cleans off the blood once again and then helped me down from the counter. We then walked out. Faith and Ben sat at a table with Brantley and Amber. She smirked when she saw me.
    "Stay right here okay?"
He whispers.
  I nodd. He walks over to the table Brantley and Amber are sitting at and says something. Brantley nodds and acts like he understands. Andy soon walks back over. The guy of Asking Alexandria walked over.
    "You okay?"
Denis asked.
  I nodd.
    "Yeah, that's definitely not the worse that I've ever had."
I say, with a shrugg.
    "What are you guys up to?"
Ben asks.
    "We are going to head back to McKinleys house where the guys already are and probably watch movies and such. You guys are free to join of you want. You can follow in behind us."
Andy says.
  Ben looks at Denis and Denis shruggs.
    "Sounds like fun to me. Sounds better than getting wasted and dealing with a hangover tomorrow."
He says.
  Andy chuckles.
    "Well, I don't drink so I don't have to deal with hangovers."
He says.
    "I wouldn't say that Biersack, there was a time when you could hold your own."
Ben says.
    "Yeah, but that was a long time ago. I've changed a lot."
Andy says.
  Ben nodds.
    "Yeah, the boys told me about the whole thing. We were going to come and visit, but we were so busy on tour we never had time."
Ben says.
  Andy nodds.
    "You wouldn't have been able to stay long and they wouldn't have let all of you in at the same time. It was strict, but I'm glad that I done it now."
Andy says.
    "I kind of wish that one was there a couple of years ago when we were looking for one."
Ben says.
  Andy nodds.
     "It's a fairly new one."
He says as we walk out to our vechiles.
  I made sure to flip Faith off as we walked out the door. I also typed my address into Ben's phone in case he got lost from us and needed a way to get there. We started down the road in my truck. The guys had rented a car earlier in the week. Me and Andy rode back to my house with the sound of my Three Days Grace CD in the background. The entire way Ben and Denis were behind us. They pulled in behind me and Andy. We climbed out and Ben and Denis were walking up the driveway. I opened the door and we walked inside. I gasped when I noticed all of the fireworks stacked on my kitchen counter. Ashley grinned when he saw my face.
    "Brantley told us to do it when Andy took you to the bathroom. He said that you really liked fireworks so we went and cleared out a firework stand for what they had left."
Ashley says.
  Tears fill my waterline. A smile spreads across my face. I pull out my phone and I text Brantley.
    'Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me, Brantley. I have no idea how I will repay you.'
  He texted back a few seconds later.
    'All the payment I need is for you to have a good time and to tell Andy how you feel.'
  I sigh and take a deep breath.
    'Done.'
  The boys grabbed a cooler filled with soda and carried it outside. They then came back and started to carry the fireworks outside as well. Andy came back inside and gently took my hand in his. He then leads me outside. I took a deep breath, this was the night that was either going to make or break mine and Andy's friendship completely. Me and Andy sat in the grass as Ben and Make set up some of the fireworks. They soon lite them and quickly backed away. I watched in awe as the fireworks lite up overhead. Andy gently squeezed my hand. I smiled and looked over at him. The lights from the exploding fireworks reflecting in his eyes. He was grinning from ear to ear. Our eyes locked and Andy gently tucked some of my hair behind my ear. I bit my lip and looked down. Andy then gently took my face in his hands and tilted my face up to so I would be looking at him.
    "You are so beautiful."
He whispers.
  I blush. He then gently presses his lips to mine. I feel butterflies in my stomach and I place a hand on his cheek and gently kiss back. He smiled into the kiss and pulled away. He then rested his forehead on mine.
    "Be mine."
He whispers.
  I nodd. He grins and pulls me closer to him wrapping his arm around me. We watch the fireworks overhead as my head is resting on his chest. About an hour later, the fireworks are over. Me and Andy walk inside hand in hand. The guys all cheer when they see. I blush and hid my face in Andy's chest.
    "Oh don't act like we didn't see you two making out outside."
Ben says.
  Andy wraps his arms around me.
    "Quit being mean to my girlfriend. She gets embarrassed really easily."
Andy says.
  Ben chuckles.
    "I'm just joking around."
He says.
  I peek out from Andy's chest. I then yawn. Everyone chuckles.
    "Lets get birthday girl into bed. She is about to fall asleep on her feet."
Andy says.
  I walk upstairs and change into pajamas. Andy knocks on my door jam, leaning against it.
    "Hey."
I say.
    "Hey you."
He says.
  I pull my messy hair into a ponytail.
    "Do I get a goodnight kiss?"
I tease.
  He chuckles and walks over to where I am standing. He then gently kisses me. I gently kiss back, smiling slightly. He smiles and pulls away. He then kisses my forehead.
    "Goodnight my love. Sleep well."
He says.
    "Night Andy."
I say.
  He walks out, gently closing the door behind him. I climb into my bed falling asleep with a smile on my face for the first time in ages.