Chapter Eleven

2nd September, 2076

My Sweet Rose,

You sure know how to make me laugh, imagine you missing those walks, unimaginable, until I read your last letter, insane really when most of the time I have to wrestle you off the bed and into a bath, fight you to put on clothes and carry you over my shoulder to the car!

How are you baby? How are you holding up on your own? I know it's not easy; sometimes I'm scared to ask you this because I know how hard it is at times.

I wish sometimes that there was some way for me to help you, to take some of your worry away and not add to it. It's so quiet up here among the stars. I often wonder what you're doing at random times, whether you're happy or having a bad day, if Meli's being a good girl or a naughty one.

I wonder if you still take those long baths in the tub filled to the brim with bubbles. I miss and love your skin, especially when you're wet. I miss washing your back with that cucumber scented body wash.

I love how smooth and blemish free your skin is, so unlike my tattooed, scarred body, you look and feel just like an untouched peach, soft and tanned to perfection.

I just want to kiss you all over all the damn time, taste you, the hard planes of your abs and the wide expanse of your shoulders. I love how soft you feel yet hard, powerful under my hands.

You are so beautiful my Rose. The most exquisite thing my eyes ever looked on and my arms ever held.

I love you My Sweet Rose,

Yours Khalil

*

There's always a line or a paragraph in each of Khalil's letters that always make Jaylon feel beautiful, sexy even.

Was he aware of the way he has with words? Maybe Khalil does know, maybe he doesn't but either way Jaylon waits, patiently impatient for each letter Khalil writes to him. To be close to his husband while reading the words on those sheets of paper.

"Daddy! Com pway!" Meli screams while knocking the Barbie dolls together. He thought of getting her Bratz instead but the size of their heads always gives Jaylon the creeps so Barbie it was.

"Sure baby. Guess what?" Jaylon asks sitting cross legged opposite Meli on the floor.

"What?" Meli giggled pushing a doll at Jaylon.

"Daddy wrote us again, he said to tell you he loves you very much" Jaylon says happily shaking the doll a bit.

"I LOB Daddy!" Meli screams with a giant grin and drool escaping one corner of her mouth.

"Want me to tell him that when I write him?" Jaylon asks Meli who seems more interested in knocking the sense, well the little she has, out of Barbie.

"Yeeeesssshhhh!" Meli dragged the word out while giggling, even more drool falling on the doll. Jaylon quickly wipes at her mouth with a wipe. He learned early on to have a container of wipes all over the house. Even in the yard.

"okay baby. Ready for bath time?" Jaylon asks already bracing for the screams to come.

"NOOOOOO! I say sinky!" Meli screamed at the top of her lungs, scrambled off the floor, threw Barbie somewhere to her left and started to run, her little legs carrying her.

Jaylon laughed and sighed at the end, giving Meli a few moments to find her oh so predictable hiding spot under the bed.

Yep, another typical day with their daughter.

******************************************************************

597 words