"She's a keeper son but you're going to blow it." Nathan told him straight out.

"I think I already guessed that." Chase said as he shoved a hand into his hair.

"You need to give her time, not too much mind you but she will come around. Just stop trying to get her alone in a barn and having your way with her." Nathan winked at his son who had the grace to blush a little.

"Shit!" Chase muttered as his father walked back towards the house. "Don't mention this to her please Dad." Chase pleaded as he caught up with his father.

"It's safe with me son." Nathan thumped his son heartily on the back as they walked through the door to the kitchen.

Brianna watched as father and son walked into the house with envy tugging at her once again. She didn't dare to look at Chase too long or she would find herself blushing with what had happened in the barn. She had been a lit match to a pile of the driest timber. Even now her body still wanted to recall the heart stopping intensity of the pleasure she had felt. That man was just far too much for her senses to deal with.

"Okay you three shoo out of my kitchen so I can finish this dinner." Teresa sent them out once again with a pointed knife edge so they all moved a discreet distance away.

Nathan led them into the lounge room where the television still blared away. Brianna frowned at it. How did anyone converse with such a noisy interruption all the time? She stared at the flashing pictures that had always been a source of consternation for her. When Chase's face came in the screen she found herself drawn into the preview for his movie. In one scene he had bloody cuts covering his body. She tried not to flinch at how much that disturbed her.

"It's weird seeing you like that." Brianna gestured to the screen not noticing that neither father nor son had been watching the screen.

"Huh? Oh that's for one of my older movies." He waved his hand in the air and shrugged as though uncomfortable about seeing himself on the screen.

"Can we turn it off?" She asked and Chase reached for the remote.

"Sorry Buttercup I forgot you don't like TV much." Chase said with a smile as he flicked the button on top of the remote. She welcomed the sudden silence and instantly felt calmer.

"That's okay but if you were going to watch something I don't mind." She said with a small smile.

"It's fine nothing but background noise really." Nathan informed her with a smile.

Brianna got up and looked around the room then. The photographs she had noticed earlier were drawing her in. The three children seemed to get their photos taken a lot in so many different places that Brianna couldn't help but ask about. She was surprised that the two boys seemed so alike in a lot of the photos but she didn't want to ask about it

"Where was this one taken?" She asked Chase who strode up and walked over to her to peer at the photo she held.

"That's our cousins house just a few miles away from here. That was a crazy day." He told her with a laugh and she sent him a questioning look. "We were just out in the paddock playing on their trampoline when one of the cows charged at Will. It was so funny from where I was standing but I swear Will almost wet his pants." Chase let out a laugh.

Soon he was explaining where all the photos had been taken. Their numerous holidays to the beach, or shows they had been to or simply pictures from the farm or the hardware store. Brianna was enthralled as Chase regaled her with many stories from his youth.

"So lovely Brianna what do your parents do?" Nathan interrupted and all the joy went out of her in that instant. Well here goes nothing, she thought to herself as she let out a sigh.