Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

“I don’t want to disappoint my dad. I already wanted to make him proud when he as alive, but it’s even harder when he’s not here. What if he isn’t proud? What if he’s disappointed in me?” she shivers and begins to cry. “I went to my dad’s grave and all I could feel was negative energy. Like he wasn’t proud of me.”

“Elizabeth, that is non-sense. Your dad is proud of you. I’m proud of you.” Her eyes meet mine and they’re glistening with tears.

“Really?”

“Really.” She leans in the same time I do, our foreheads touching.

“Thank you Austin.”

“For what?”

“Everything.” She gently attacks my lips with hers. The familiar taste of oranges and honeysuckle fills my mouth in a never ending race. If I were dating Ellie, this would be an everyday thing.

Dating……

*Later in the day*

~Ellie~

Austin squeezed my hand and I squeezed Miley’s. We drove the short while to the record company. While everyone else piped up conversation, I was planning. Planning so far ahead. I wanted my band to get a start on their future before I leave. After our Headline tour, I’m planning on committing suicide. I have letters written out for every person who has an impact on me. it’s just I miss my dad so much and I have this huge burden on my chest. Inflicting pain on myself just doesn’t take away any of the grief, but maybe ending the pain all together will.  It’s not like this is the first time I’ve tried it.

We walked up the road to the huge building that will make my band famous. With our without me. after the retinue which involved a tour of the building, the Do’s and Don’ts, meeting some other bands that were here and of course, signing the contract, which was basically signing away my death will. My hand was shaking so much, I ripped through the copy and broke the pen. After a couple more tries, I finally got my signature printed on the paper, and we are now a part of Rise Records.

Is it bad guilt filled my stomach?

“Congrats! Welcome to the Rise Record family guys. Now any official business starts, I want to point out some rules, the number one rule is, no dating.”  Phil raised his hand.

“But I have a girlfriend” he says.

“Yeah and I have a boyfriend!” Miley exclaims. Dan chuckles.

“No silly pickles, you can’t date anyone from Rise Records. Phil, I told you guys that when you were signed. But back to my point. No dating. That means crew, staff, and other band members. It lowers the stress and awkwardness and the need to release anyone from their contract.” Everyone made an ‘o’ shape with their mouths.

“Rule two, do not touch my desk. Any of the guitars hanging, any other band’s equipment and anyone else’s stuff.” Dan went through the whole list, but I wasn’t paying attention. I was busy thinking about my letter to my band.

Dear Miley, sorry I felt like I didn’t belong. I want you to take over the vocals and bring the band to the top.

No.

Dear Miley, I’m sorry you had to find out like this. This isn’t your fault though.

No.

Argh!

Austin. I just got him back and now I would be leaving him again, for good.

The meeting was quick and pointless. Then tomorrow I would meet Devin at Starbucks to talk about Sumerian Records. Once we are signed to there, my plan can now go into motion. I will start writing the letters and until my date, I would start my YOLO stage. living my life to the fullest so when I leave this world, I would leave in happiness. Part of my YOLO stage is to apologize to Vic and Andy. That should be easy when we get back to Warped. I feel like a person who has only weeks to live and she is doing a bucket list. Well, in a way it’s true. I won’t live long even if I hadn’t planned to kill myself. Thanks to my stupid, oversized heart, I have an artery that could bust and kill me at any given moment. I’ve known this for two years, but never bothered to tell anyone, not even my brother. I should go ahead and get the surgery done, but I can’t afford that, not at this time. But if I don’t, they said don’t expect to live over 27.

That’s two years.

Trust me, I wasn’t planning on it anyway.

A hand on my thigh snaps me out of my thoughts. It’s Austin. I hadn’t even notice we were in the driveway of my house.

“Hey you okay?” he asks.

“Dandy.” I pull a fake smile. I lean my head on his side as we walk into the house. For now, I wanted to spend as much time with Austin as possible. “Austin?” I craok.

“Hmm.” He mumbles as he pops a movie into the DVD player.

“I-I-I, uhm. Nothing.” I mumble while throwing a blanket over me and settling next to Austin.

“You sure you’re okay?” he asks while throwing an arm around me.

“Yeah, just dandy.” I lie.

I’m just dandy.

[Author's note] Can any of you guess what heart conditon she has? Or can any of you guess who else has the same condition? If you guess right, next chap is dedicated to you! P.S go check out my friends stories, Kiss Me Again (All Time Low Fanfic)-http://www.wattpad.com/22957447-kiss-me-again-all-time-low-fanfic

And Underneath Every Smile A Devin Oliver Fanfic-http://www.wattpad.com/story/7491057-underneath-every-smile

New chap in progress!