4. Alex's POV

I did some research on the creator of Genetic War. Not too much research, because there's not too much research you can do.

And this is on my computer at home. 

All I know about her is that her name is Felix, and she doesn't like to be known about. Obviously, the paparazzi has a hard time finding her. The paparazzi sort of...ended a few years ago, but what's left of it can barely compete with her. We don't even know what she looks like. She's a master of disguise, she's the cleverest. You know lack of supply raises demand? Well, the paparazzi have boosted their tactics as well, it's quite hard to just avoid them - but she does it. 

It isn't even about the project anymore, it isn't about the grade - but I have to get closer. 

I have to get closer. 

. . . 

So I go to their office, their headquarters. It contains the arena, and the laboratory where they store the animals, but it handles publicity and ticket sales as well. It's a mile-long train ride and elevator ride away from me. The door reads Genetic War Inc., of course. It's a white hallway and golden door with black lettering. I walk in and sit down in their sort of waiting room area.   

There's a man sitting next to me. Quite attractive, but in his twenties. Blond. We're both waiting for something, or someone in this room. We're sitting right next to each other. He sticks out his hand for me to shake. 

"My name is Yosef," He says, "You?"

"Alex." I shake his hand. 

A man with longish (still pretty short) light brown hair, pale skin, and purple eyes rolled out of the door on the other end of the room on roller-skates. Purple eyes? Roller-skates? And he has neon green mascara! This must be Prism, the charismatic, scary, attractive, and very hilarious host of each show - and he's coming over to talk to me! 

"Hey," He says, licking his lips, "You recognize me?"

Next to me, I can sense Yosef cringing away. He must not like Genetic War very much to shy away from Prism.

"Yeah," I smile at Prism, "I'm Alex - agender. I do recognize you, you're the public face of Genetic War."

"True that, dude!" Prism claps, "Now, I don't usually do this, usually it's Brad from management who takes people on tours of this place, but...would you like a tour?"

"Sure! Can we take him?" I glance sideways at Yosef.

"Hmmmm..." Prims looks Yosef up and down, almost sniffing him, "Sure, bro," he grabs Yosef's arm, "Let's go."

Yosef looks very confused as Prism drags him behind the door.     

. . . 

"Ayyyyyyyylis!" Prism calls.

"Yeah? What's up, man?" A curly-haired carmel-skinned man whose name-tag reads "Ailis" shows up out of nowhere, scaring both me and Yosef out of our wits. Ailis and Prism hi-five. 

"I was, like, showing these two around, and like, the last thing I wanted I wanted to show them," Prism points two "finger-guns" at Ailis, "was, like, where you guys work."

"Oh man!" Ailis nearly shouts, getting excited, "They wanna see the Breeders?"

"Yeah, man!" Prism hi-fives him again - they are clearly friends. 

Ailis pulls him closer so he can whisper in his ear. He doesn't whisper quietly, though, so I hear him say "Bro, are you sure they're allowed to go in there? Did Felix say that was okay?"