Chapter 3

Dasani and I got lost, trying to figure out where all the malls closest to us were.We decided to drive in my car to Lenox Mall.

"Woah it's humongous in here." I say, looking around.

"For real.We should get some clothes too, they have so many good stores! Man, I knew I shouldn't have came with you, I can't resist myself."

I smile,"I love shopping, but I've never had any good experiences with it," we start walking into the American Eagle store.

"Why? Shopping is suppose to be fun." She frowns while looking through jeans on a shelf. I walk around the woman's section, staring at my phone.

" I know I know, it's just it's no fun going with my mom, she complains all the time and no one likes shopping by themsel-"

A warm body crashes into me, causing me to bite my tongue.

"Ouch!" I cry in pain

I look up to him and see he has a sour expression. He has dark curly hair on top of his head and brown eyes to go with it. He doesn't move," Can you move, you're in the way?"

"What the heck? Are you not going to apologize for what you did? You just bumped into me!" I raise my voice. Okay, maybe I'm being too harsh but this guys a jerk.

"Maybe you should have looked up to see where you were going. Did you think about that?" He says with a snobbish tone and walks right past me. This guy is so damn rude. I knew this day would go down the toilet. I shake my head, not allowing him to ruin my day. I walk back to Dasani.

I sigh," Guess what just happened?" I say

"What happened? Why do you look angry?" She asks.

"This douchebag just bumped into me and said to move out his way!"

"Girl, you should have called me! I would have been on dat ass in three seconds!" Dasani says, cheering me up as I giggle.

"Thanks for that," I say as we walk to the check out line.

"No problemo, but seriously, that was rude. If you see him again tell me." She says giving the cashier our jeans and I nod.

After we pay for our jeans and head out the store, I take my phone out and look at the time.

"Crap, Crap, Crap," I chant. " It's 1:47, we have like about 30 minutes to get back to campus for orientation," I began to panic.

"Oh yeah, you're right. We have to leave now if you want to make it on time," She says checking the time on her phone too.

"What are you talking about? Aren't you a freshman too?" I ask while we walk to the car.

"Of course I am, it's just that orientation has different times for everyone. Mine happened to be early, that's why I had already put up all my stuff on my side of the room and met you and your mom."

I nod,"Oh yeah, true. Anyways,what are you going to do when I leave?" I say, putting the key into the ignition.

"Probably go around campus, meet new people. Give me your phone number so you can text me when orientation is done. I'll meet you there." She says, getting her phone out of her pocket.

"Okay, we done made ourselves a deal," I tell her my phone number while watching the road.

The drive is shorter than I thought. I dropped off Dasani at the dorms and drove to the main campus of Emory University for the orientation. I got there will less than three minutes to spare. The orientation was somewhat long. They mostly talked about our Professors, what classes we have, and gave us a map of the campus so we wouldn't get lost. After one hour of sitting, I text Dasani that orientation is done: