Moving In

-violet-

The taxi driver stopped in front of a two story house. I looked at my mom curiously and she gave me a small smile, "This is it Violet". I smiled at her so she can know that I actually like how the house looks from the outside. It was very peaceful and extremely close to a forest.

I took the keys from my mom's hand, since she was bringing the suitcases to the porch. I opened the door and began looking around. The first floor had a kitchen, living room, a guest room, and two bathrooms, while the top floor had the bed rooms. I took my suitcases from the porch and began going up the stairs in search for my new bedroom. Deciding on opening the last door in the hallway, I took a look at it. It was perfect. The room was dark purple, it had a queen sized bed, a bathroom, and a walk in closet.

I was pretty tired but I unpacked anyway. It was still 9:00Pm.

****

It didn't take me more than one hour to finish unpacking, since everything was placed neatly in my suitcases. Right when I was done, I heard the door open. I turn around to see my mom looking around the room.

"Good choice, Vi" I gave her a small smile.

"You unpacked?" she asked surprised.

"Yup, didn't take me long" I answered

"Alright thats good, I think you should shower and go to sleep, its been a long day, I'll see you in the morning ok"

"Alright" she kissed my forehead and left my room.

I did exactly what she asked me to do, I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and put on a pair of shorts and a tank top. I crawled into my bed and fell asleep.

***

Lights began to creep from the window, which is the reason why i woke up. I unlocked my phone checking a few things before getting up to change and start my first day in California.

I decided to wear black legging with a red long sleeved shirt that came up till my upper thigh. I put my red flats on and headed downstairs.

Making my way down stairs I heard pots and pans being placed in the closets. Just like I assumed, I found my mom unpacking the kitchen things.

"Morning" I said giving my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning sweetie" she smiled.

I put myself a bowl of cereal since it was the only thing available right now.

"I'm going shopping later, you want to come with me?"

"Naah thats alright"

"Suit yourself"

About thirty minutes later she finished unpacking and she left the house.

***

-christian-

"Alpha, pack members are telling me they saw a woman and her daughter move in last night"

"Are they wolves?"

"No they're human"

"That's strange, humans never move in near the forest, send two men to watch the house."

"Yes alpha." and with that my beta left my office.

I couldn't help but find it strange that two women would move in alone. I was probably over thinking it, but it's my job as an alpha to do whatever it takes to keep my pack safe.

***

-violet-

Its been an hour since my mom left and I'm already bored. She's probably checking out the place, so i decided on going out for a walk. I took my phone incase my mom calls and left the house.

So far, I liked it here. It was very peaceful. I made my way into the woods, taking in my surroundings and thinking about how I actually moved here in a matter of less the twenty four hours. Suddenly my train of thoughts were broken by the sound of a twig breaking. I turned around quickly trying to find out if I were just imagining things or if someone was actually here. Then I heard the same sound again. There isn't any animals here so it is probably a person. "wh-whose there" I said nervously, wanting nothing more then to get out of here. I heard chuckling. I froze to my spot hoping to god that Im hallucinating or having a nightmare.

I ran as fast as I could then I felt a hand yank me back. I am so dead.