First meeting at the bar

I turned 30 years old today! I can't believe how time has been flying which makes me almost crying. Being single, alone in my apartment and watching television wasn't what I expected from my 30th birthday. As a little girl I was convinced that by now I would have been a successful businesswoman, happy together with the man of my dreams, living in a beautiful house and being a mother of a bunch of perfect children. Seems that I'm still dreaming... I took another drink of the bottle of red wine I just decided to finish today.

If I'm very honest to myself, I have no reasons to complain. Recently I have been promoted to the marketing director position which I deserved after all the hard work I went through. I receive a lot of attention from men who (according to their words) admire my athletic figure, full breasts, long chestnut hair and beautiful face. But somehow I never manage to find the right man. I have been dating all different types of men, had great sex but also pathetic sex which I still try to forget . A girl needs to explore all types of men, right...

Tonight I can't hang out with my best friends because they all have other plans. They promised me to catch up on Saturday evening which would be ending in a club, after eating too much pizza and drinking too much wine. Still 1 night to go and I already feel now like dancing, talking to strange people and flirting with hot shots. While grabbing the chocolate cake I bought earlier today, I saw myself in the mirror. I can assure you it's not a nice view seeing yourself stuffing with chocolate. I decided to stop this self-pity and actually start doing something to feel better. As an emancipated woman I can go out wherever and whenever I want. Yes, Charlotte, you can! Convinced by myself, I put on some make up, carefully giving myself smoking eyes and as finishing touch I pull on my sexy red dress. I must say I look very hot, the kind of classy hot, not bad at all for a 30 one.

I decided to go to the bar close to my work. I hang out there a few times a week with my colleagues and sometimes with my friends. It's a nice place, lounge style decorated but each Friday the café transforms in a dancing place.

Hopefully I see some people I know, and if not, I still can have a drink at the bar. Maxim, the owner, has a huge crush on me. Every time I come here, he overloads me with attention and compliments. If he wouldn't be sleeping every weekend with another girl, I would definitely go for him. But I don't want to end up as one of the many girls he used to have sex with. And more important, I want to keep this bar as my 'after work' hang out place.

When I entered the café, I was surprised to see how crowded it was. Seems that a bachelor party was going on and the dance floor was completely full with enthusiastic men and woman. Not seeing someone I know at first sight, I decided to go to the bar and have 1 drink. How silly of me to go by myself to this place. What was I thinking...

Maxim was very busy, the bar was completely surrounded with thirsty people. I've decided to sit on the only free chair at the corner of the large bar. Suddenly Maxim saw me and came with a big smile to my direction. Hi, gorgeous, you look stunning! What do you want to drink? My cheeks flushed red. "Hi Maxim, thanks, a gin tonic please". He winked at me and fixed quickly the drink. I saw his groupies looking mad for the attention I just got from him. I can't blame them, he is very attractive and definitely knows how to charm girls."Here you go, it's on the house!" And quickly he hurried to the next person who was shouting that he was already waiting too long for his order. I would be grateful if he could take the same time as usual to talk and to flirt with me. Now I felt really lonely, all by myself in the bar, celebrating by my own my birthday.

While staring at the crowd I felt suddenly eyes burning at me. On the other side of the bar were 2 guys looking at me and it was obvious I was the subject of their conversation. The guys were tall, very handsome, 40 something and looked foreign. The one on the left smiled at me and somehow he looked very familiar. I smiled back and quickly looked away. I would have enjoyed this situation very much with my girlfriends, but by myself I feel less confident to play this game. I try to remember where I saw this guy. How could I forget a man like him. He was incredible handsome, the type of men for who you spontaneously leave everything behind with his half long ash blond hair, tanned skin, high cheekbones, 3 days beard and very masculine appearance. When I looked up again, I saw him saying goodbye to his friend and coming to my direction. My heart was beating as crazy. Oh My God, is he coming to here, how do I look, is my make-up still ok ...  Before I could finish my thoughts, he stood next to me.