Chapter 16: Secrets.

Start from the beginning

Kurt shrugged.

"I guess as far as you need to until you see something weird?" Kitty's statement sounded more like a confused question. She really had no idea.

Evan ignored it, and just kept rewinding the tape. "Wait." He said abruptly as the tape resumed normal speed. He stopped at the part where they were all loading into the SUV and Scott's sports car for the last fight... the one Vinnie was not allowed to attend. "I think I saw something." He mumbled.

All of their eyes were glued to the one television. "I see us pulling out of the garage." Kurt murmured.

"THERE!" Evan shouted, making Kurt and Kitty jump. Evan had pushed a button on the tape which paused it. He pointed to the screen and turned around to face the other two.

Kurt and Kitty gasped simultaneously at the figure he was pointing at.

It was Vinnie.

"From the angle, it looks like she jumped down from her balcony and followed us. Now, whether or not she really did follow us into the city is the real question here. The cameras don't show everything, only her leaving the property." Evan sighed. He was half relieved that she was not kidnapped, but still worried that she had not come back yet.

"Well, maybe she did go for a walk then." Kitty shrugged.

Evan returned the shrug. "It's been a long time. That fight was, what, four hours ago?"

"Just about." Kurt added.

There was silence, and the lack of activity on the control panel made the tape they were just watching clear itself and go back to its normal live mode, showing the front of the mansion as it currently was. That must have been some sort of security thing that was installed. But they were done anyways. They saw what needed to be seen.

"I don't get it, though. If she was just going for a walk, why did she have to jump from her balcony like she was trying to be sneaky?" Evan mumbled to himself, staring forward at the monitors. He turned back to Kurt and Kitty, who were seeming to wonder the same thing. "So do we go after her ourselves, or tell someone?" Evan said in a monotone voice.

The others did not reply.

"Or should we just wait it out?" Evan asked again.

"Let's wait one more hour. I mean, she wasn't dressed in her uniform, it just looked like she wanted to leave because everyone else was. She may have been upset or something." Kitty explained.

Evan nodded. "Yeah, probably." He sighed heavily, and turned back to look at the wall of screens before them. All of the were showing real-time footage. He turned back to Kitty and Kurt. "One hour, and then we tell the Professor."

They all agreed.

XXXXX

Vinnie struggled to get away. She hit, punched, kicked, and thrashed around in order to get away, but Pietro simply picked her up and carried her around her torso under one of his arms like she was a football. She dangled there, unable to break free. "Please let me go!" She begged. She did not want Pietro to hurt her like he told the boys back in the house. Where were they even going? They had reached the end of the driveway. How long was he going to carry her like this? She almost forgot she had powers. When they were halfway down the road, she lit her hands up in flames, and Pietro dropped her suddenly. She hit the ground hard.

"You're heavy anyways." Pietro mumbled. He had stopped and crossed his arms and was now looking down at her as she sat on the concrete.