Chapter 5

(L/N= Last Name, C/Y= Current Year)

Ever since I told Amanda that I loved her, everything has been... Laid back.
I don't know what I is, maybe it's just the whole feel of her knowing. I never really considered myself gay, I've always thought I was straight. But ever since I met Amanda... Things have changed. Don't get me wrong, I love Amanda with all my heart. This is good change. This is the type of change where one person loves the other so much that they just can't speak. This is the type of change where you thought you had everything planned, but then a big surprise pops up right in front of you. This is the type of change that I love most.

I woke up in Amanda's bed, her long arms draped over my shoulder as she slept. I always hated waking her, so I decided to do what I did yesterday. I payed as still as I possibly could and watched her. I listened to her. To felt every tiny movement is her skinny, lean body. I made sure that she was safe. That is my job, after all. I love her too much for her to ever get hurt by any one or any thing.

I felt safe in Amanda's grasp. Under her wing, I felt like I had a purpose. If it weren't for her, I would be laying on the streets right now. I might as well had killed myself at his point if she hadn't come up to me. She saved my life for the better, and I never thought that I would be lucky enough for someone to help me accomplish anything like that. Just the fact that I have someone around me brings me joy and happiness. Especially someone like Amanda.

I listened to Amanda breathe until I fell asleep again. Her breathing was so quiet and peaceful, it seemed to me that she was safe. However, when I woke up, I was cold. I opened my eyes to find that Amanda wasn't there. I checked the entire house, and Amanda was no where to be seen. I began to worry about her. What's going on? What did that little rat do this time? I bet she went out to buy something. It's not a big deal, just chill out. Amanda is fine, and so are you.

But I wasn't fine. I waited for and hour, and Amanda didn't come home. I had called her cell phone eighteen times, and every single time, it went straight to voicemail. How am I supposed to know what to do in a situation like this one? This has never happened before. I swear, if she doesn't walk through that d-

And there she was. Amanda was walking into the house, bags from various stores in hand. I was slightly confused, did she go to the mall without me knowing?

"Amanda, wha-" I began, but was interrupted by the sound of Amanda's phone ringing.

"Hang on, Y/N- Hello? Yes, this is Amanda. Mmhmm. Yep, yep. Yeah, she's right here." She handed the phone to me. I took the phone from her hand, and mouthed 'who is it?' She told me someone from YouTube, so I trusted her.

"Hello?"

"Yes, hello, we'd like to interest you in a spot of the VidCon guest list. We know you do t have a YouTube account, but you make videos with Amandaschronicles, and a lot of people seem to enjoy you. So, in order to make VidCon a little more special this year, we're inviting s few special guests, and we want you to be one of them. So, Y/N, what do you say?"

Everything was happening so fast. The woman was talking fast, I was getting a lot of information.. I had a severe headache. I decided to ask if the woman had a contact email, and she did. I asked for that, and told her that I would email her my answer, as I was a little bit flustered by in terms of how 'famous' I had become off of Amanda's channel. I really do owe this all to her, don't I? I'm sure I do. I just got invited to be on the VidCon guest list, the most valued list on the Internet. What do I say? I think that I'll tell her yes, but what if people are clueless to why I'm there? I'm not really a YouTuber, just a guest.

After what seemed like hours of thinking about what I should, I decided to email the lady, and I later found out that her name was Linda. I emailed her back, accepting the offer. The email read:

Linda,

This is Y/N L/N from the Amandaschronicles channel, I was a guest in her channel. You called me earlier this evening, and asked me if I wanted to be on the guest list for VidCon C/Y. I thought about the offer, and I have decided to accept. I will be attending VidCon with Amanda as my so called 'chaperone,' since I am not a YouTuber myself. Thank you for coming to me, I think I will be very satisfied with what is to come.
                      Sincerely, Y/N L/N.

I clicked send at the top of the screen, and went up to Amanda.

"What was the call about? I heard you talking to that lady and you sounded a little bit stressed. Are you okay?"

"Don't worry, I'm fine, I was just offered a place on the guest list for VidCon C/Y," I said with a smile on my face. "I get to go with you, and I think we'll have lot of fun. I don't expect that there will be a lot of attention draw to me, but I'm really excited to go with you."

I saw the excited expression in Amanda's eyes. She was smiling at me, and looked like she was about to scream. "Really?! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you, Y/N!" Amanda threw her arms around my shoulders and laughed. It sounded like she was crying a little bit.

"Amanda, are you okay? You sound like you're crying."

"I'm just so excited for you."

And with that, we went to bed.

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I was actually thinking about going to VidCon this year, so if any of y'all are going, it would so cool to see you there. Also, there are already so many reads, and that's amazing. Thank you so much for everything! I love you guys, and I hope you like the story so far. Don't worry, there's some stuff in store, so the boring factor will be exterminated soon.