"it was nice seeing you both." braxton flashes them a million dollar smile before i drag him away.

i hear my dad say, "you too, son."

i walk past jack's table in order to get to the exit. he looks up for a second, his smile dropping. he shifts in his seat as his eyes set on me. he then glances down at mine and braxton's intertwined fingers, frowning.

"you didn't even get a dessert. you usually do." braxton points out.

"i know." i sigh. "there's left over cheesecake somewhere in the refrigerator."

"you're not materialistic." he smiles fondly. "another reason why i'm head over heels for you."

every circumstance we're in, i seem to blush at braxton's every affectionate word. he opens the car door for me and i thank him. when he gets inside, i grab his hand firmly over the center console.

"when you're done with your collaboration, we're going to take a long vacation."

his eyebrows raise and he grins, "oh, yeah? where?"

"england." i suggest, slightly shrugging.

"i don't really care where. as long as i'm with you." he says, but then laughs, making me swoon. "sounds very cliche."

"does not." i argue, not agreeing. "it sounds charming, but would you even want to take a trip to the sewage dump?"

"as i said, as long as i'm with you." he smiles before cruising down the road back home.

"charming." i compliment him again.

"i have to be, for you, right?"

"you don't have to be anything for me. i love you and sorry for going a little crazy at the restaurant." i apologize.

he glances at me for a second, still smiling, "don't worry about it. i'm sure seeing your ex husband with another person might not be the best scene."

he's so understanding. what more would you want in a guy? he's more than perfect.

"i have to tell you something." i sigh, dreading for what's to come.

this can go both ways. no in between.

"and what is that?"

"i found something in jack's suit jacket." i confess, fiddling with my fingers.

"what did you find?"

"our old wedding rings." i blurt quietly, feeling as if it's my fault they were in there.

"you know, if you're scared that i'm going to leave you because of that, i'm not. i don't feel one bit intimidated by him nor do i feel like he's competition. you're mine now."

i nod my head, "okay, that's good. i just needed to tell you that."

"thank you for not keeping it bottled for yourself."

once we reach out penthouse complex, we both get out of the car and braxton helps me out. he always does. maintaining his gentleman ways.

"old cheesecake? or would you rather watch a movie while eating junk food?" he asks, seeming to forget the jack conversation we had in the car easily.

"obviously the second one." i laugh. "you know me so well."

"it's my job as your boyfriend to know you." he tells me, unlocking our door.

it's clean and pristine inside. i set my chanel purse down on the table and head into our room, needing to shower and change into something comfortable. braxton follows, but chooses to lay down on the bed, still fully dressed.

"you know, you didn't kiss me all night." he mentions, complaining a little.

"i didn't want to kiss you in front of my dad and lilian." i tell him.

i quickly walk over to where he is and peck his lips. he doesn't stop with just one, he pecks my lips over and over, murmuring an 'i love you'.

*

being cautious, i walk in the direction of my destination. jack and david are staying a little long today to make up for the time that they lost due to david's other board meeting.

"sorry for interrupting." i apologize, stepping into braxton's large office. "it's actually lunch time. brax, do you want anything?"

david, jack, and braxton's eyes are all on me. talk about awkward situations.

he frowns, "sorry, baby, i can't. i have to finish this up with david."

i nod my head, hiding my disappointment, "alright, have fun." i smile, exiting the room.

i make my way down to the cafeteria to get myself food. i could easily get one of my employees to eat lunch with me. i get inside of the elevator, ready to close the doors before jack swoops inside, sliding in between the sliver of the doors.

i attempt to not acknowledge his strong presence beside me, but it's hard considering i can basically feel his eyes on me.

"stop following me!" i exclaim, storming out of the elevator.

"octavia." he softly says my name and when he does, i turn to face his bold, obsidian eyes.

"i saw you last night."

jack holds both of his hands up in surrender, "i know you did. he breathes. "but i want to explain-"

i narrow my eyes at him, "no, i don't want to listen to your pathetic and stupid explanation. how can you go for, having out wedding rings in your pocket one second, to going on a date with another girl the next!" i raise my voice.

she shushes me, pulling my arm and me into a nearby, tiny printer room that's beside us. he shuts the door and i look at him in disbelief.

"that's low. even for you, jack. you're insane." i comment. "tell me, was it a coincidental run in yesterday or did you know where i was and purposely showed up?"

he licks his lips; he always does before he's about to give a speech or a lecture and i'm not up to stick around for it.

"what's your problem? if you don't care, why are you making such a big deal of me taking someone out?" he questions quite loudly.

"it's like you're trying to rub your relationship with that girl in my face!" i exasperate, probably looking like the actual insane one.

"and you're not rubbing in yours?!" he scowls. "brax... baby... you practically sound like a caring mother." he mocks.

i'm definitely giving him the kind of reaction he wants. i stare intro his intense and now angry eyes. he furiously  pursues all of the papers off the table near us, i gasp and my eyes widen even more. if that were even possible.

"what the hell is your problem?!"

"you're my problem." he answers truthfully. "braxton's my problem. you both are my problem!"

"now let me be the one to ask why in the world we bother you?! you divorced me."

"stop telling me my biggest mistake over and over!" he nearly yells at the top of his lungs.

{vote, comment, share}