Chapter 13

*Sienna's POV*

I never thought that somebody would be able hurt me that easily, but he did it. He was completely ignoring me, making me feel lost and leaving me confused. Why was he acting like that?

Sure, we had a bad start when I first woke up here, but it still wasn't as bad as this. Him acting cold and distant and shoving everybody away, that was something I didn't quite understand or like. Oddly he was the only person I really trusted here in the institute, except for Clary of course, and that just made it worse.

I decided not to question Isabelle about the incident in the training room and went straight to my own room. If any of them wanted to talk, they'd come to me or anybody else, maybe pushing to tell me what happened wasn't really the best idea, it would probably just make everything worse.

Alec left the institute shortly after his talk with Izzy, probably heading to Magnus' place or whatever. Maybe they needed him to come over and help.

Clary called me about an hour later, telling me that Luke was getting better, Magnus managed to heal him. To say that I was relieved was an understatement, I couldn't cope with another part of my family dead or missing. After our short talk she hung up, but she called me only a few minutes later.

"I know where the cup is!" She exclaimed as soon as I picked up my phone.

"You what?! How? Where is it?"

"Well, the box we got from our loft earlier was standing on my sketchpad and I accidently pushed it INTO the paper." She did what? How was that even possible? My eyes widened slightly, but it wasn't like that was the first strange thing that happened lately, it shouldn't really surprise me anymore.

"And how do you know where the mortal cup is?" I asked, wondering about how pushing a box into a sheet of paper would lead us to the cup.

"Do you remember Dot's tarot cards? My mum painted them a long time ago and one of them had a painting of the cup on it. Mum must have hidden it there, she knew that nobody would be able to find it!" She sounded happier than ever. "Now we just have to get the cards."

"But we don't know where the cards are. I mean, Dot is.." I really didn't want to worsen her mood, but since Dot was gone we had no idea where her cards were.

"I know, I was worrying about that too, but Luke has them in his desk at the police station. Jace, Luke and I are going to the police station tomorrow to get them." She told me excitedly. We're finally one step closer to find Valentine, to find Clary's mom.

"That's great!" I replied with a small smile on my lips. There were muffled voices in the background, somebody was talking to Clary.

"I'm sorry, I have to hang up now. We'll get back to the institute late, could you maybe inform Isabelle about this?" She asked, before muttering something like 'God dammit Alec, watch where you're going' and she quickly hung up.

----

Just when I thought that my nightmares were finally over they came back that night, but they've gotten much worse. I woke up screaming and I wasn't able to calm myself down, my heart racing. Luckily nobody heard my screams and they left me alone.

I saw the little girl in the dark room again, but the dream was more detailed than last time, it was horrible. The creatures in the cages turned out to be werewolves, vampires, demonic creatures and others, but a part of them wasn't even recognizable anymore. They were tortured, some were dead and others had bad wounds all over their body.