Chapter 7

*Sienna's POV*

What the fuck just happened? I don't believe it's normal for demons to be frozen into place like this one right in front of me. That definitely wasn't normal.

"Uh, guys? Any of you wanna try to explain this?" I asked, unsure of what to do next. Would this demon be able to move again, if I lowered my hand? That was currently my biggest fear, I didn't dare to move my hand.

Jace was the first one to step closer to examine to situation. He kept looking back and forth between my glowing hand and the demon, a confused expression on his face.

"I have no idea what just happened, but I guess you have some abilities we weren't aware of until now, Sienna."

An arrow whizzed through the air, lodging itself into the still frozen demon's chest and it vaporized instantly. Relief washed over me and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, finally able to lower my hand, which stopped glowing.

I was on the verge of collapsing, when Isabelle spoke up. "We should go back to the institute, we could talk to Hodge, maybe he knows something about this or has at least an idea of whatever just happened."

There was a deep silence during our walk back, nobody seemed to know what to say. Every once in a while I'd earn myself a concerned look from Izzy or Alec, because I was still feeling quite uneasy and stumbled over my own feet a few times. I tried to ignore them, I just couldn't be weak again. That already happened way too often during the last few days.

When we reached the churchyard, I sighed in relief. I could barely walk straight anymore, not to mention that I almost passed out twice.

Back at the institute they told me to wait, while they were looking for Hodge.

It was like the darkness tried to pull me down, but I needed to pull myself up again. I was stronger than that, I was a fighter and I wouldn't give in.

"Are you alright?" Alec's voice was filled with concern, as he spotted my small frame weakly leaning against the wall. I somehow managed to lift my head up, looking into his worried eyes and nodded.

"I'm fine." I whispered while I looked away. "Did you find Hodge?"

"Don't try to fool me, Sienna, you're obviously not okay. What's wrong?" He came closer and cupped my cheeks with his hands, slightly lifting up my head which forced me to look at him.

"Nothing. I'm just-" Suddenly my legs gave in under my body weight, making me gasp, but Alec steadied me before I could even fall. I wanted to tell him, that I was fine, that I didn't need his help, but I couldn't.

"Sienna, please let me help you. What's wrong?" His voice was completely serious, yet kind and caring, his arms still had a firm grip on my body, preventing me from falling to the ground.

"I don't know." I couldn't answer his question, I didn't know what was wrong with me so I just shook me head weakly.

He hesitated for a few seconds before gently lifting me off the ground.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm bringing you to your room." Alec stated bluntly, before he walked into my room and carefully laid me down on my bed.