"I'm a little over a thousand years old," he finally said loud enough for me to hear.

"WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE OVER A THOUSAND YEARS OLD!?! YOU DON'T EVEN-" His big hand went over my mouth, stopping me from screaming out even more words. My eyes were bugging out and I was ready to yank his hand away when he captured my hands easily with his other one.

"Stop. I don't want you to hurt yourself. Now I'm going to let you go and you must breathe and relax. You're going to wake up Ali." As he released me, I gave him a confused look and he smirked. He tapped his ears and said, "Werewolf hearing, remember? I can hear her even breaths."

"Oh... But what do you-"

"Shh love. I'll explain," he murmured as he silenced me with a finger at my lips. I felt the urge to kiss his finger and was seconds away from doing it when he moved it away. Thank god..... "I can't age.....You see, a long time ago, way before I was born, a witch cast a curse on my family." My eyes widened at this information and I was about to say something when he laughed and shook his head as he pinched my lips softly. "No talking. And yes, witches are real. They are just very hard to find since there are so few of them." I nodded and he released my lips after staring at them for too long. "Alright. So a witch cast a curse on my family, saying that somewhere along the line, there would be only one heir, as the mother would die of childbirth. That heir would be cursed to live forever, watching couples fall in love and die happily as they would have to wait hundreds of years until they found their mate. If you can't tell by now, I am that heir......"

His head was down again as his voice got softer and softer, that by the end I could barely hear him. I bit my lip, arguing to myself about what I was about to do next, but my other side won. So I found myself wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my head on his chest as he hugged me back fiercely. I ruined the moment when I squealed as he picked me up to place me in his lap so he could hug me better. Of course, I immediately began to squirm and complain that I was too heavy, but he just held me rock-hard still so I just gave up.

After a few more minutes of comfortable silence and him breathing in my neck -I still had to ask him about that!- he continued his story, but in a much more softer tone. "So um.... After my birth and a few years later, my father remarried, but since werewolves can only have children with their mates, I was the only child. I got the throne at the age of 23 when my father got killed by rogues in an attack and I've been ruling since then. The peace between all supernatural creatures couldn't be even better than it is right now, but of course there are a few of them who don't agree to what we have. We still have a few fights here and there, but nothing as big as when I was a kid."

I shuddered involuntary and looked away. He was over a thousand years old! He was a kid waaaaay back then but he didn't even look it. Holy mac-

"Are you alright? Did I scare you?" He breathed as he stroked my back softly. I shivered as the stupid sparks tingled all over my body with each touch he gave me. Good thing he wasn't touching skin as that made it worse......

"Yeah I'm fine. No you didn't scare me. I'm just.... Taking it all in. This is all.... Too much for me to take in at once but I'm glad you told me!" I added on quickly as I saw him frowning. "There should be no secrets between us if this is going to happen." I winced slightly when my mouth said that. Ok.... Maybe one tiny secret won't hurt.... Right? "I just need some time to process all of this."

He smiled and tightened his grip on my waist. I shuddered slightly when I realized I was still on his lap but quickly overcame that thought when he spoke. "I'll give you all the time in the world to process that once we go home. I can't wait for you to see it....."

"Umm.... I am home?" I told him confused and he laughed.

"No love. My home."

I frowned. "You mean that creepy mansion on top of the hill? I am not going there! Besides we live like six houses away. Why can't we...." I trailed behind when he started to shake his head and laugh. I looked at him in even more confusion and he just kissed my temple.

"Delilah. That is just one of my many vacation houses. I came here to check upon one of my packs as they were in some trouble. But now that it's done and over, I'm going back. My real- no scratch that, our real place is in Alaska."

I got up from his lap and jumped three feet away from him. "ALASKA!? I am not going there!!?"

He stood up and looked taken aback as he spoke. "And why not?"

"This is my home! All of my memories, my parents stuff is here! I can't just leave this!"

"Relax," he breathed out and tried to cup my face but I jumped away. He frowned and dropped his hand. "This will still be your home. You will just go back to Alaska with me and-"

"NO!" I screamed. "I am not going anywhere just because I'm your mate! You can't just make me leave!"

He shrugged. "Actually I can."

I gasped and took a step back. "So you would actually take me by force if I didn't go?"

"Yeah. Max and me can't live without you anymore so wherever I go, you go even if I have to tie you down. You should have realized that by now Delilah....."

How could his voice be so soft and calm when he said that when I was over here shaking in fear mixed with anger. He was going to take me, even if I didn't want to. What had I gotten myself into?

"Get out." I whispered and he looked up at me.

"What?"

I cleared my voice and walked to the door, pointing a finger out there. "I said get out. I don't want to see you anymore."

His eyes began to golden as he stomped his way to me. I gulped and held my ground as I looked up at him even though on the inside, my head was screaming at me to run. "I am your mate. You are mine. I won't leave."

His voice was deeper than usual and I gulped again, hoping my thoughts were correct. If not, I would be totally screwed and crazy. "Max. Please.... Just leave..... I know I'm your mate but you two have just upset me.... Just go."

My voice broke as he kept on staring at me while I had to look away. He was silent for a few moments and I looked up to see the same golden eyes as before. "Mate is upset. We will go but Maximus will be back. I won't let human leave mate behind." And with that, he walked out the door and I closed it shut immediately. My lips trembled and my legs were about to give up when a voice made me look up.

"Please don't tell me we are moving."

"Ali.... Of course we aren't moving," I breathed as I went to her side and hugged her. She wrapped her small hands around me and I kissed her head. "We aren't moving, ok? This is our home, and we are staying here even if it kills me."

"Okay.... Umm can you make me some food? I'm hungry again." Of course she would ruin the sweet moment we were having with food....

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Sure. Chicken sounds fine?" She nodded her head eagerly and I smiled. As she ran to the kitchen, I took one last look at the door he had just walked out. I snorted and looked away, mumbling words that I had a feeling were not going to come true.

"Like some stupid werewolf would make me leave my house....."

Longer update!!! Hope y'all love, comment and vote on it!!! Thank you for making it on the top 300 in werewolf!!! I can't believe it!!! 😄😍 THANK YOU!!!