Chapter 3

A mysterious figure stood outside Felicia's restaurant watching Carl and Rachel as they took to the dance floor. He didn't like seeing Rachel with Carl, his worst enemy. How could Rachel marry his worst enemy, the mysterious thought.

Suddenly, a shot was fired as Carl fell to the floor. The mysterious figure watched as everyone gathered by Carl. Ryan went about searching the restaurant for clues as to who fired the shot.

As an emergency crew arrived and tended to Carl's gunshot, the mysterious figure waited until Carl was taken to Bay City General to put his plan in motion. The mysterious figure left Felicia's restaurant and went to wait the Cory mansion until Rachel came home.

Meanwhile, at Bay City General. . .

"Will Carl be alright, John?" Rachel asked him worried.

"He's lost a lot of blood, but he's being prepped for surgery now." John informed Rachel and the rest of the family.

John left to get ready for Carl's surgery while Rachel and the family waited vigil in the waiting room for John to operate on Carl.

Back at Felicia's restaurant, Ryan stayed behind to look for clues about Carl's shooter. CSI crews were tagging the bullet that went through Carl and hit the wall behind where Carl was standing. The bullet went clean through Carl.

Letting the CSI crew do their job, Ryan walked outside to look at the spot where the shooter possibly stood as he took aim at his father. Ryan spotted something sparkle in the light and went over to see what it was. Putting on rubber gloves, Ryan picked up the sparkly object only to discover a wedding ring with an engraving: M&R:1974.

Ryan put the ring in plastic bag and tagged it evidence just as his fiancée walked up behind him.

"Vicky, what are you doing here?" Ryan asked her.

"Did you find anything?" Vicky asked.

"Just a wedding ring with an engraving."

"What did the engraving say?"

"M&R:1974."

"M&R?" Vicky wondered. "Mac and Rachel?"

"Could this be Mac's wedding ring?"