Chapter Eleven

I slammed the door shut behind me and sprinted away as quick as I could in the baggy clothing. I faintly heard the door open again, but I didn't bother to check. Instead I tried to run faster, bare feet scraping the concrete floor. Tears threatened to spill but I harshly bit on my lip to keep them in.

I heard heavy footsteps following me, and soon I heard a voice that confirmed who I was being followed by.

"Stop!" He yelled, footsteps catching up. I felt my adrenaline drain but I pushed myself to keep running. "Slow down!"

My breath ran short and my footsteps started to falter. The moment I felt myself getting lightheaded an arm slipped around my waist forcing me to a stop. Feeling disgusted to be in his embrace, I wriggled myself free, and took my distance from him.

With his hands on his knees he dramatically breathed in, with one of his eyes squeezed shut. I was tempted to roll my eyes, but instead I looked away, trying to not cry at the sight of him. He straightened up, with the same stupid grin on his face, causing me to scoff and turn around. I started walking away again, done with about everything that included him, but a hand grasping my arm and spinning me around stopped me. Lips crashed down on mine the moment I faced him, and before I could push him off me, or even respond in any way, his lips left mine again and he just wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

He held me for a long time before taking a deep breath. "I didn't harrass you Ally,"he started.

I tried to wriggle myself free, but his arms tightened around me, preventing me from leaving.

"No, listen to me." he said, looking down at me. "I didn't--" he stopped, and frowned. "Are you-- Are you crying?"

I sniffed and looked away. I wasn't crying mainly because of Niall being such a freaking douchebag, but I was just having so many weird feelings that tears just started pouring down. His tight embrace gave me a feeling that it was okay to just let it all out, and all the stress of living alone, and the issue of my parents never bothering to call and just everything going on was hitting me like a tractor, and it was just so overwhelming I couldn't hold it back. Sobs escaped my lips in an unattractive way, a dying whale sound accompanying them.

The boy in front of me seemed speechless and surprised, but his face softened so much, he looked like a whole diferent person.

"Come here," he said in a soothing voice, hugging me tighter, a hand holding me at the back of my head. "Hush, baby, it's okay." he calmly said. I emberassingly hiccuped, and pushed myself further into Nialls chest. "Hush, it's alright."

My heart ached for him, all anger forgotten, and he kissed the top of my forehead. He tilted my chin up a little so I was looking up at him, and with his eyes a soft shade of blue, he said, "I never harrassed you, Ally, I would never do that."

"But why didn't you just say so?" I said, my voice awkwardly trembeling from the crying.

He hesitated and looked away, embarassed. "I don't know, I... I don't know..." he stuttered, his face flushed. "It's just... I don't know who to be around you..." he scratched the back of his head while looking away. "I don't know if I'm supposed to be this jerk that everyone sees me as, or..."

Despite all the crying and saddness and feelings and anger I felt, I smiled. The hand that was resting on his chest subconciously moved up to his face, and I cupped his cheek. He was clearly surprised and looked down at me.

"Just be yourself, Niall."

* * *

[Authors Note; I DID A TIME SKIP BC SAPPY AND GROSS AND UGH CLICHE AND WRITERS BLOCK SORRY]