Chapter Eight

"And where do you think you're going?"

I turned and frowned. "Where does it look like I'm going?" I said unsurely. Not receiving an answer from him I continued, "I'm going home?"

He chuckled and he was in front of me in two steps. "Who said this date was over?"

I gulped. He was so close. My eyes trailed to his lips. The ones I just made out with. I never made out with anyone. I could feel the butterflies again just thinking about it.

"Come on." He said and took my hand. His fingers entwined with mine and he pulled me with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked, being dragged along the beach boardwalk.

Niall smiled at me. "Just for a walk."

I stayed quiet and so did he. This date may have been the best one I've ever been on despite the whole being harrassed by three men.

Maybe it would be okay to consider being with him, right? I smiled because there wasn't a voice in my head telling me I shouldn't.

"Wanna play 20 questions?" I asked, breaking the silence.

It was quiet for a while before he looked at me. "To be honest I dunno how to play that game."

I giggled. "I don't exactly know all the rules either but I guess you just ask eachother 20 questions." I explained. "I'll start. Um... what do you do besides uni?"

"I have a part time job, actually. I bus tables at eat 'n go."

"Really?"

He nodded. "My turn. Have you ever had a boyfriend before?"

I pretty much figured he'd ask questions like these. I never had a boyfriend before. Not because I couldn't get one, but just because I was waiting for the right guy. "Yeah," I lied. "Um, what's your favorite food?" I quickly asked, changing the topic as soon as I could.

He frowned. It was quiet for a really long time and he squinted, trying to decide. "I think I'm going to have to go with Japanese, Italian, Nandos and Chinese food." He said satisfied with his answer. "My turn! Are you a virgin?"

I chocked on my saliva and started coughing real bad. How could he say it so casually? Tears sprung to my eyes, and he clumsily started slapping my back.

When I calmed down I breathed out and starightened up. I tried to avoid his gaze and tried to act casual. I cleared my throat. "Yes."

Niall came to an abrupt stop and stared at me with his mouth agape. "You're joking... right?"

I frowned. Why would I be joking? And why was it such a big deal to begin with? If he was surprised about this, how would he react about him being my first kiss?

I didn't say anything though, and kept walking along the boardwalk. After a while I heard his footsteps coming behind me and soon he was next to me again.

I looked the other way and let out a shaky breath. It was cold out tonight especially nearby the beaches.

Niall seemed to notice I was shaking and he casually wrapped an arm around me. It surprised me how warm he was. He smelled nice. I took a deep breath and leaned into him. He was so comfortable. Safe.

After about five minutes of walking like that in the not awkward, but comforting silence, he suddenly stepped of the boardwalk and into the sand.

His arm dropped away from my shoulder and he was about two steps ahead of me. Suddenly he turned around and gave me not a cocky grin, but a boyish, genuine, half smile. It melted my heart.