Chapter 12

________________________________________________

-Christine-

A good girl... I'm a good girl. Right?

I rubbed a hand across my face as I slowly ate the food Cassandra had given me before she left for work.

My face felt hot as tears welled up in my eyes and I bit my lip trying to contain my whimpering.

Anything, anything to make him not come down here.

I took a deep breath shuddering as I picked up the bowl and plastic spoon shaking in my hands.

Suddenly I heard a soft creak and I froze staring straight ahead as light from the kitchen leaked into the basement.

I glanced over towards the stairs as I heard Warrens footsteps slowly coming closer and closer. Soon he stopped standing right in front of me.

I noticed that he was streaked with mud and wearing these big clunky boots.

"Aw, Christine what's wrong? Is it that food? Did, Cassandra, put too much salt in your scrambled eggs?" He asked me as he knelt down in front of me so that we were eye level.

My whole body seemed to suddenly lock up as his eyes met mine, a chill ran down my spine and I had to force myself not to run away.

He won't like it if I run if I run things will get worse.

"N-no, Master the eggs taste good," I whispered as I stared at his shoes.

"That's good to hear, nothing ruins a morning more than soggy or salty eggs," he said grinning.

Then he began playing with the tips of my hair. "I found you something pretty you know," he told me.

A moment later he was detaching my chain from the nearby pipe and leading me upstairs and into the kitchen.

He took my unfinished breakfast from me and placed it on the kitchen table before he leads me like a dog on a leash into the living room.

In the middle of the floor sat a large dollhouse surrounded by a few dolls.

It's so cute and purple is my favorite color but...

I glanced up at Warren as he sat down in front of the dollhouse still holding my chain.

"Come on, Christine let's play or you can just watch I don't mind," he told me as he picked up a couple of dolls.

He held one out to me it had long black hair and wore a long dress. I reached out with shaky hands and carefully took the item.

"Thank you, Master," I whispered.

Warren grinned at patted my head. "You're welcome, Christine. You know I always wanted a cute little girl like you but, Cassandra can't have children. So when you can't make something you take it," he told me slowly and calmly.

I swallowed as I leaned away from him a cold sweat covering my entire body. "B-but what about the people who miss that person? They love them," I whispered as I gripped the end of my dress.

There are so many holes and it's so dirty. I feel dirty.

Warren slowly looked up at me for a few moments his expression was blank then he sneered at me,"Well I love them more."