Chapter 7

____________________________________________________________________________________

-Christine-

I had just finally started dozing off when I had a nightmare.

I was back at home and my mommy was tucking me in bed, she turned and looked at back at me before she left the room. "I love you, Christine, Goodnight baby," she told me softly. I smiled at her.

"I love you too mommy," I whispered. The moment she left and my room door closed, the room was engulfed in complete darkness. I let out a whimper then, I suddenly heard a scream.

I jumped and wrapped my blankets around myself.

T-that sounded like mommy.

I climbed out of bed but the moment I did something grabbed my ankle and yanked me to the floor. I let out a shriek as I looked back to see Cassandra, underneath my bed sneering at me with her nails digging into my skin.

I began struggling and a moment later Warren opened my bedroom door smiling slightly at me and Cassandra. I saw that he was coated in a bunch of cold, sticky red blood.

"This is so adorable, it's so lovely to see my two favorite girls getting along. I'm just going to finish taking out the trash downstairs then we can go for a nice family drive," he told me closing the door.

Cassandra continued to drag me back until finally, I was underneath the bed.

I woke up letting out a small shriek as I did, my eyes widened as I met the eyes of Cassandra who knelt in front of me frowning with her eyes narrowed.

"Hold still dammit, I'm trying to check your head wound," she grumbled. I noticed she looked tired and had a cigarette in her mouth.

I slowly looked around the room and noticed a plastic bag beside her feet. "Um...what's that?" I asked hesitantly. Cassandra blew cigarette smoke in my face which made me cough.

"I went out and bought you some clothes from Dollar General, I need my lingerie back, Warren likes how my tits look in that outfit," she told me.

Cassandra stood up and nudged the bag toward me with her foot.

"Get dressed so I can wash my clothes," She grumbled. I looked at her then down to the bag of clothes.

"D-do I have to undress in front of you?" I asked her. Cassandra glared at me.

"Bitch, you don't have anything that I haven't seen before so start strippin'," she snapped. I flinched at her harsh grating tone. I turned to the bag of clothes then I picked it up with trembling fingers.

I took a few steps back from Cassandra and turned away from her then I slowly began to take off my clothes. The whole time my stomach was churning and my eyes were overflowing constantly with tears. I shakily began to get dressed, Cassandra had only bought me a sundress and no underwear.

"Well at least you're learning your place," she said as she picked up the dirty clothes. I just whimpered.

"You have two options of food tonight since you managed not to fuck anything up. You can either have dry cereal or tomato soup," she informed me.

I rubbed a hand across my eyes trying to clean my tears away. "Can I have the soup...please?" I asked.

Cassandra let out a sigh of irritation, "Fine whatever, I swear you damn brats always want the most complicated shit," she mumbled as she left the basement. I curled up in my corner once again and just absentmindedly played with my hair.

Cassandra soon came back with a plastic bowl of tomato soup, the instant I smelt it my stomach rumbled and my mouth started watering. She placed it in front of me and I instantly started eating.

I usually didn't like tomato soup, but at the moment it was my favorite food. Cassandra's face twisted in disgust as she watched me eat rapidly.

"If you make yourself sick and end up puking I'm not fixing you more food," she warned me. I glanced at her but forced myself to slow down anyway. When I finished eating my stomach was hurting slightly, but I felt slightly less uncomfortable.