Chapter 11

With all the craziness in New York, Leslie was happy to be back in Atlanta. She laid across her bed, as her two best friends teased her about the incident with Odell's pit bull.

"Wait, hol up. She cried?" Kaysha asked, laughing at the image of her best friend crying.

"Like a new born." Dria exaggerated.

Leslie ignored them, keeping her eyes glued to the reality show on her tv screen. During the commercial break she checked some emails, and replied to a few. Kaysha and Dria continued with their teasing, which annoyed Leslie. Rolling her eyes and pulling the covers back, Leslie hoped out of bed and headed for her bathroom.

"You mad?" Kaysha asked. Leslie stayed quiet, hoping her silence would answer the question.

"Aww somebody's mad. Look at her." Kaysha cooed, as if Leslie was a baby. She slapped Dria's hand making it a tag team effort.

"So you mad?" Dria asked, taking her turn to annoy Leslie.

Scrolling past her bed, into her closet to find an outfit, Leslie continued to ignore her friends who were acting like teenagers, double teaming her about her fear of dogs.

"I don't find it funny." Leslie shot back, slamming the bathroom door, startling both Kaysha and Dria. Her cynophobia was something that she had since her youth, and she didn't find it funny.

With no place to go or a reason for it, Leslie just felt like taking a shower. This is where most of her thinking took place, plus the water felt amazing. Turning her back to the shower head, she closed her eyes as the water put her in a relaxed state. Random thoughts flooded her mind, Odell being one of them. She stood under the water daydreaming, until there was a loud bang on the door.

"Uh Les, you alright in there?" Dria asked, sounding concerned. Leslie's lips remand sealed as she finished up.

"Is she dead in there?" Kaysha asked, loud enough for both Leslie and Dria to hear her.

Turing the water off, Leslie grabbed her towel off the rack and wrapped it around her. She paid no attention to the ridiculous question her friends were asking.
_______________

 With no real destination, or need the three best friends roamed the city of Atlanta

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

With no real destination, or need the three best friends roamed the city of Atlanta. Which landed them in the hair care section of Target, one of Leslie's favorite stores. If she wasn't shopping for clothes she was definitely buying things there.

"Why are we here again?" Kaysha asked. Once again Leslie ignored her, hoping she would take the hint. If Kaysha didn't know what the silent treatment was, she definitely was about to find out. Dria on the other hand knew how far to go, and when to back off. Her and Leslie where almost the same, so she knew that behavior all to well.

After hours of going in and out of stores and buying unnecessary things, the three of them were now back at Kaysha's place. Full of junk food, they laid sprawled across the living room couches, watching movies on Netflix. The light from the tv was the only thing visible in the room. Leslie dozed in and out of sleep, thanks to the darkness and the cool air that blew from the vent right above her. Her phone buzzed on the coffee table in front of her, rising out of Dria's lap, she reached and grabbed it. It was a text from Odell, she opened it smiling from ear to ear.

"Lover boy on line one." Kaysha teased.

Before Leslie could respond, Odell was calling her on FaceTime. Unsure whether or not she should answer, Leslie made her way to Kaysha's room, with her and Dria right behind her. She halted, causing both of them to run into her like two lost puppies.

She pressed the green button, walking into the room and locking the door behind her. While waiting for his appearance, she turned on the bathroom light, so he could see her better. Seconds later his face popped onto the screen. A staring contest took place between the two, causing both them to laugh. Of course with Odell being Odell, he spoke up first.

"How ya doin, pretty lady." Odell greeted, making Leslie face heat up. Refusing to let him see her face, she put her phone down. She also needed a pair of headphones, so she searched Kay's nightstand, hoping to find a pair. Luckily she did. "You gon jus leave me hangin like that." Odell asked.

"Sorry, had to find some headphones." Leslie held them so he could see them.

"I can't see you." Odell frowned. Leslie turned on the lamp next to the bed, adjusting her phone so he could get a better view of her. She looked at the camera with a questionable look, waiting for his response. "Dets betta." He assured her. The two talked about the last time they saw each other, along with random things. The later it got, the heavier Leslie eyes got. She tried fighting her sleep, catching her head each time before it hit the pillow. Odell found it funny how she would get about three inches away from the pillow, and pop back up like a jack in the box. Laughing at how cute she was, Odell took a screenshot of her.

"LESLIE." He yelled. Her head shot up, due to how loud he was, and the fact that she was wearing headphones didn't help. She stared at the screen, giving him a stale face. "You was sleep." He laughed.

"No I wasn't." Leslie spoke, as she yawned. Further proving Odell's point.

"If you say so." He chuckled. He didn't argue, because her constant yawning proved he was right. "Aye Les, I gotta question." Odell cleared his throat.

"What's up?" Leslie asked, yawning for the hundredth time. Still battling with her sleep.

"Come see me play Thursday." He bit his bottom lip, anticipating her answer.

"Uh that was more of a command." Leslie shifted, getting comfortable in Kaysha's bed.

"You kno wat I meant." He shot back, giving her a stale face.

"If I say yes will you hang up?" Leslie whined. Odell nodded, chuckling at her kid like behavior. "I'll think about it." Leslie answered, hoping he would accept her answer.

"That ain't a yes tho." He sucked his teeth.

"Take it or, leave it Beckham." Leslie shrugged. It wasn't a yes, but Odell was content with the fact that she didn't say no.

"I'll take the maybe for 200 Alex." He mocked, in reference to jeopardy. Which made Leslie laugh.

"I can't with you." She shook her head.

They joked about more random things, often staring at each other. It wasn't long before sleep came creeping back up on Leslie. Unable to fight it anymore, her eyes closed and her head finally hit the pillow. He could see she was tired, so he didn't bother her this time. He just stared as she slept, noticing little things about her.

Any normal person would label him a creep. Some might even call him crazy, but he didn't care. He knew she was beautiful while awake, but he wasn't expecting it during her sleep. He took another screenshot of her, still staring at a sleeping Leslie. "Good night beautiful." He whispered before ending the call.
__________________________

Writing in third person (narrators view) is sooooo much easier.😩