Chapter 13

Thursday night finally arrived, and it was week 3 for Odell and the Giants. The stadium was filled with both Redskins, and Giant fans. Leslie sat on the bottom row close to the sidelines, watching Odell hype up the fans, and randomly burst into dancing. Fans would go crazy when ever he got his hands on the ball. As he came out the game, he scanned the crowd for Leslie, making sure she was sitting near him like she promised. They made eye contact, sharing a quick smile, before Leslie looked away. She could hear him discussing the previous play with his teammates, before he ran back onto the field.
________________

It was fourth quarter and the Giants were in the lead

It was fourth quarter and the Giants were in the lead. The coach called a time-out, giving Leslie the perfect opportunity to head to the bathroom. "Dammit." She whisper to herself, looking at the line of females waiting to use it. She didn't wanna miss the game, or a chance to see Odell score, but nature was calling. After 10 minutes of waiting and fidgeting, Leslie was finally inside. She felt so much better once the pressure was released from her bladder. She proceeded to wash her hands, while doing so she felt someone bump her shoulder. "Sorry sweetie." She heard the lady apologized. Leslie looked up to see an older woman, who looked like she was in her early forties. She was sporting a Giants jersey with 13 on the front, and Beckham Jr. on the back. But, what really caught Leslie's attention, was the fact that she looked just like Odell. Not wanting to stare, or seem weird, Leslie smiled and left the bathroom. "Was that.. Nah." Leslie whisper to herself, making her back to her seat.

She made it back just in time to see the guys lining up for the next play. She spotted Odell, and smiled. Her eyes never left him, as Eli called the cadence for the play. Odell took off down the field trying to get open, which he did. Leaping for the ball, he caught it and made his first and only touchdown of the night. Leslie laughed, as Odell broke into a celebratory dance. His teammate ran down the field, slapping his shoulder pads and his helmet.

The game ended, and the Giants were victorious. Ending with a score of 32-21, the team had won their first game. Leslie watched the crowd flee the scene, as she pulled out her phone. Surprised at how many people texted her, she read them all and replied to a few. Making her way out to the parking lot, she texted Odell. Fans were scattered across the lot, some taking pictures, while other were fellowshipping.

After waiting for what felt like forever, Leslie finally received a texted from Odell. She read it, and laughed. People were starting to leave, and Odell was still no where insight. Leslie was starting to get a bit nervous, as she looked around. She tried calling him, but his phone went straight to voicemail. Moments later she felt a pair of hands over her eyes, making her freeze.

She didn't freak out because she knew that touch, and those hands anywhere. "Beckham." She removed his hands and turned towards him. He pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her. "The one and only." He smiled, looking down at her.

"Took you long enough." Leslie playfully nudged his shoulder. "Aye perfection takes time, dis don't jus happen." He brushed his shoulders. "Your cockiness level is at an all time high." Leslie laughed.

"I told you I'm not cocky, jus confident. C'mon." He grabbed Leslie's hand, heading towards his car. "You have a really bad habit of doing that." Leslie spoke, making him look back at her. "What?" He frowned. She looked down at her hand, inside of his. "Oh that! That's my job." He chuckled, opening her door and closing it behind her. "Your job?" Leslie looked at him confused, as he got inside the car. "A man is supposed to hold his woman's hand." He replied, starting the car. She pinched the bridge of her nose, and leaned back in the comfortable leather seat.