Royal Treatment

It had been a couple weeks since I spent the night in Mike's basement and I had been spending the night there every night since. I went to work during the day and he met up with Adam and Ad-Rock at the studio. They have had a number of 'Meet & Greets' this week, so the only time I saw them was in the evening. Mike and I were still sharing a bed, but still not touching. I was fine with that because things seemed to be getting really hectic in his life. We couldn't even walk down the street without someone coming up to him. Mainly, girls in tight clothing, gushing over his emblem chains and throwing me dirty looks.

Bree and I were both off tonight and we were getting ready at her place.

"So, this party tonight, it's not just a house party?" Bree asked while she teased her blonde hair.

I shrugged, "It's at someone's house but there is a studio in the basement and some important people in the music industry are going to be there." I explained.

"So, I guess we are the guests of The Beastie Boys." She laughed.

"Yea I guess so." I returned the laugh but mine was forced. The whole idea was so different.

I slipped on the dress that Bree picked out for me and checked myself out in the long standing mirror.  It was thinner and tighter than something I would normally wear. However, I loved the dark evergreen color and the slimness of the straps. I pulled on the black boots that sported a few tasteful silver chains on the back and my light black jacket.

"Ready?" Bree asked as she grabbed her obnoxious neon pink purse.

I nodded, fluffing my curls a final time before we were on our way.

We pulled up to the party in Bree's blue sedan. The house was huge, from what Adam told me, it was owned by a partner on the label they were recording on. We parked the car and started up the cement walk to the house. A guy with a bucket hat and all white sweat suit came up to us and handed us both a cup.

"It's jungle juice. Enjoy the party ladies." He said, licking his lips and walking towards a black car that just pulled up out front.

"Should we even drink these?" I asked Bree.

She shrugged, "It's a different kind of party, I guess. Think of it as the royal treatment and just c'mon."

I whined as she dragged me inside the house. The music was bumping and the place was filled with people, guys with large chains and girls with large breasts. Alcohol was flowing all around and I could smell marijuana coming from the room to the right.

A blonde guy with shaggy hair walked up to Bree and whispered something in her ear. She giggled and smiled at me. They exchanged a few more words and she told me she would be right back. I gave her a wide eyed look and she mouthed "have fun" in my direction as she walked off with the guy.

I wandered the house trying to stay out of everyone's way. I declined a few offers to dance and grabbed a beer from the cooler sitting in the kitchen. The kitchen was all wood and marble, something out of a magazine. I finished off my Jungle Juice and twisted the lid off my beer. I kept exploring. I was having more fun looking at the house than paying attention to everyone at the party.

"Olivia!" I heard someone calling.

I turned to see Ad-Rock motioning for me to come towards him. I pushed my way through a few people standing around and caught my breath as soon as I was able to reach him.

"Hey!" I said, giving him a hug.

"How long you been here? Come with me." He didn't give me a chance to answer his question before he started towards the basement steps.