Riley

I stared in disbelief at what Farkle had just sent me. He's being abused. He's my best friend and he's being abused and I didn't even know it. I had to tell someone!
Damn it! I thought, nobody's home. And besides, he wouldn't want mw to tell anyone. His dad is the only family he had left.
__________________next day___________

I woke up at my usual time and did my usual morning routine.
Got dressed
Brushed teeth
Got bag ready
Left for the hell hole

I ran through the streets of New York City feeling free. It made everything just seem a little better. I made my way down the stairs to the subway station, taking out my card so I can scan it. I made my way to the train that would take me 2 blocks away from my school. I had to push my way through the crowds as usual on a Monday morning. I stepped off the platform and onto the train. As I went to get onto the train, I felt a muscular body run into mine. I heard the person who ran into me say "Oh my god I am so so so SO sorry." I looked up and saw it was none other than Farkle Minkus himself. I ignored him and ran onto the train before he could say anything else to me. I was still too shaken up to talk to him in person.

The train ride only took about 20 minutes so,I had about an hour before school started, but, I went into class anyways. My first class was homeroom, which, by the way used to be my dad's class. But, since he resigned from his role as history/homeroom teacher, we have a new one. His name is Mr. Biersack. He's pretty chilll. He wears ties and glasses and button downs.

It felt weird roaming the empty halls, no one there to watch or judge me. I just went and sat on a bench near the 6th grader's hallway. Now, it was just me and my thoughts. I wondered how my family loved me the way that they did. They cared more about Auggie and Maya than they did me. Maya's A+ tests were the ones that were hung on the fridge. Not mine. Auggie's report cards were the one's they cared about. Not mine. I am worthless. How on earth could anyone love me. ME.  I don't know how Farkle is still friends with me. I'm just making his life harder. I was apparently

a) Thinking out loud. And
B) Not alone

I felt someone sit down beside me and pull me close. I recognized that smell. The smell of colguone  and tears. It was Farkle. He heard every word. And didn't leave. Now, we were sitting there. Just him and I. My head in his chest. Him gently stroking my hair. Him softly whispering song lyrics. "C'mon skinny love just last the year." He started. I continued with the next line. "Pour a little salt we were never here." I sang through my tears. "My, my, my, my, my, my, my, my." He continued. We went back and forth like that until we finished the song. And I finally decided to say it. "Farkle," I said "Yea Riles?" He replied "I... Think that I... Might just... Like you..." I stuttered "And Riley Matthews, I think I may just like you too. "