The Island - Day 1 Pt 1

"Mmmm, that's nice. She even tastes like vanilla and cinnamon", Lauren thought as she yielded her control over to Camila, control which she willingly took.

Camila was leaning over down over her and playfully sucking on he bottom lip to lure her to surrender her mouth to hers. Then, she grabbed onto the back of her neck and plundered Lauren's mouth with the most soul wrenching kiss she could ever imagine. It felt like Camila was infusing her with her very life force. And then, there was darkness.

"Ugh...", Lauren moaned quietly as she slowly became aware of her surroundings. There was a distance roaring sound that she couldn't identify, so she decided in her addled state to just ignore it. She was lying on her stomach with her head turned to the side and her arms were pinned under her. She tried to lift her head, but found that this small act required more effort than she had to give. The best she could manage was to bob her head up and down as if she were nodding yes to some unknown question. All that modest act accomplished was to deposit huge amounts of sand directly into her gaping mouth.

"Blah!" Lauren opened her mouth, rolled out her tongue and tried to spit out the sand. It felt like there was an entire beach inside her mouth. Hold on a sec... Beach? Sand? How'd I get on a beach? Before she could process this thought further, and while her mouth was still wide open, still trying to expunge the grit from her mouth, Lauren received a fresh supply of sand delivered directly onto her gaping tongue.

"Oh good, you're alive", came a familiarly trite female voice.

Lauren managed to crack one eye open and found she was staring at the most perfectly formed pair of feet she'd ever seen. Ten sparkling white toes wiggled up at her teasingly. They were attached to two beautifully tanned feet which were in turn attached to two well muscled and toned legs. Her one eye slowly followed this trail of eye candy further upward until a sharp voice interrupted her, literally, wandering eye.

"Are you checking out my legs, Jauregui? Because if you are, I'm going to drag your sorry ass back down to the water."

With those cutting words, Lauren was suddenly able to muster enough strength to lift herself up into what resembled a wussy push-up and then, flipped her body over onto her back.

"Wha...", she tried to say as she squinted against the bright sun, but what came out was mostly sand. She spit and tried again. "What happened?"

"Before or after the plane crashed?" Camila had knelt down beside her and was gently feeling her forehead the way her mom always did when she thought she was sick.

"The plane crashed?" Lauren's head was really pounding now and her memory of recent events was virtually nonexistent.

"No, Jauregui. I'm kidding and this", Camila's arms shot out wide to indicate their current location, "is all just a really elaborate April's Fools joke. I'm just getting back at you for scaring me earlier."

Lauren groaned and lifted her head. Squinting against the harsh sunlight, she could now see that they were on a beach about 50 yards from the shore and she was lying at the edge of the whitest beach she'd ever seen in her life. It looked like refined white sugar; it looked like paradise.

"How'd we get here?" She managed to sit up straight now, but was still blinking against the light. Then, she looked over and noticed that Camila was wearing her signature Chanel sunglasses and she looked as bright and fresh as she did the day she first modeled her spring break clothes in Mr. Cowell's class. "And where'd you get sunglasses? And why do you look so good?"

Her eyes lit up at the compliment and she forgot for a moment that she was supposed to still be mad at Lauren about scaring her on the plane. "Really?", she crooned, "You think I look good? Well, of course you do...because I always look good. The sunglasses are from my purse, silly." She held up her Prada shoulder bag to show her. "I always come prepared. And you seriously don't remember anything? Cuz before I saved your life by dragging you up from the beach and giving you mouth-to-mouth, you saved my life at least twice when we were floating around in that storm."