Twenty-two (Part Two) Once in a Blue Moon

Start from the beginning

"Ugh, I leave you for two minutes." She folded my arm around hers and walked us toward the bar. "Haven't you heard anything Kellan has been trying to say to you?" she asked quietly.

"Watery boy? Nope. I think he was moaning on about listening to him." I giggled. "Actually, I don't know what he was saying. I wasn't—listening." I laughed even harder. "That's super funny. I wasn't listening."

"One Blue Moon please," Sage ordered.

"Excuse me? Do I look like Water Circle to you?" he said crossing his muscular arms to display a fiery etching on his forearm. Ooh, maybe he knew Jax.

"Uh, no of course not. How was I supposed to know it was a Water Circle specialty? Is there someone here that can make us one? My friend heard how good they were, and now she's dying to try one." He didn't look like he was in the mood to help with super pissed off look he was giving her. She pulled a hundred bucks and laid it on the counter, "Anyone, come to mind?"

He placed his hand on top of hers taking the money. "Yeah, the bar on the far side, ask for Leo. If anyone asks, I didn't tell you, though." He turned pocketing the money in his shirt.

"He's nice. You know in a pit-bull sort of way." I smiled and hopped down from the stool. "I could just order another one of those fire thingies if it's less trouble than finding this Leo person. They're sooo good. You should try one. They'll help you relaaaxx."

"Well, I'm told this drink is even better. Since we're celebrating, we should try one. Come on, this one's my treat," she said dragging me across the room to the other bar.

"Ladies. How can I help you?"

"L—E—O," I read his name badge aloud. "My friend says you make a mean Blue Moon."

"Sorry, don't know what you're talking about, never heard of it." He was about to leave and help another customer when Sage piped up.

"If you can't help us, then maybe you'd help Kellan?" Sage inquired.

He looked like he didn't quite believe her. "You two know Kellan?"

"Yeah, we do."

"Prove it."

"Prove it? How are we supposed to do that?" Sage asked.

I reached over and grabbed a couple of ice cubes out of a drink he was just about to pour. The small cube melted quickly over my fingers making them glisten in the light. I dropped the ice back into the glass and put my hand against the flourish showing on my collarbone.

Hey, there Waterrry boy. Are you around?

Sage wants a Blue Moon drinkie and some guy named Leeeooo won't give it to us. He says we need to prove we know you or something. I told Saaage we should just have another one of those fire bomb thingies.

Ugh, you're killing me. You know that right? If I wasn't so damn in love with you, I think I'd have Leo shake some sense into you right there. Drinking Fire bombs. What the... he paused. Tell Leo, he can have the appointment at the Water Circle citadel. I'll see you shortly. I'm nearly at the Touch of Home gate now.

"He says he loves meee," I giggled, watching the neon lights turn into bright colored bubbles. "He's sooo good-looking, I could just stare at him all day."

"Earth to Wren? Come on." She snapped her fingers. "You need to focus. Did he tell you anything useful, you know for Leo?"

"Yeaaahhh, he did. How did you know? He said something about an appointment."

Leo's eyes sparkled like I had just said the magic word. But I didn't remember saying please. Then he disappeared for what felt like ten seconds and the next thing I knew there was the most amazing blue drink I'd ever seen sitting in front of me. It had its own orbit of liquid circling it like the rings of Saturn.