1.11

Word count : 2268

It has been about a month since the 'attack' in the forbidden forest. We were in the outdoor courtyard, walking. "I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermoine said happily. Ron and I scoff. "Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" "My scar. It keeps burning." He replied rubbing it. "It's happened before." Hermoine states. "Not like this." He replied still rubbing it. "Perhaps you should see the nurse." Ron said. "I don't think it's that simple Ron." I replied. "I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming." Harry said and than he rubs his scar again. "Uhh!" I looked at him worried. "Oh. Of course!" He says and than started running. "What is it?" Hermoine questioned. "Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?" Harry said. We approach Hagrid, who is playing music on his flute. "I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" Hagrid stops playing. "What did he look like?" Harry continued. "I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." He replied and I sighed. "The stranger, though, you and he must have talked." "Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem."" Uh oh oh no. "And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked. "Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep.""

We all gape.

"I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going?! Wait!" He said but we were already half way back the castle, running and fast.

We reached McGonagall's classroom. We came tearing in and ran up the aisles between desks and stop at the professor's desk. "We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry said panting. "I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." McGonagall said. "He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone." I said. McGonagall looked shocked. "How do you know...?" "Someone's going to try and steal it." Harry states. "I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." She states firmly and we huffed and leaved.

After exiting McGonagall's class we walked down the empty hallway. "That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry said. "And with Dumbledore gone-" Snape suddenly appears behind us and I got cut off. "Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" "Uh...we were just..." Hermoine tried but failed. Miserably. "You want to be careful. People will think you're... up to something." He states and walked away. "Now what do we do?" I said looking at Snape as he disappeared down the corridors. "We go down the trapdoor. Tonight." Harry said.

It was night and we were walking across the Gryffindor Common Room, but stopped when we heard croaking. "Trevor." Harry whispers. "Trevor shh! Go, you shouldn't be here!" Ron says trying to get rid of Trevor. Suddenly Neville appears behind a chair. "Neither should you. You're sneaking out again, aren't you?" "Now, Neville, listen. We were-" Harry got cut off. "No! I won't let you! You'll get Gryffindor in trouble again! I-I'll fight you." Neville said as he holds out his fists. "Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this..." Hermoine takes out her wand. "Petrificus Totalus." Neville was frozen and falls backwards onto the ground and Hermione puts her wand back. "You're a little scary sometimes...you know that? Brilliant, but scary." Ron said gulping. "Let's go." I say as I walk by Neville. "Sorry." "Sorry." Hermoine and Harry continue. "It's for your own good, you know." Ron said and exited.