1.5

Word count : 2988

The next morning, after I got dressed (picture above) and did my hair, I went to the great hall for breakfast with Hermione. I ate some toast with eggs, drank pumpkin juice, and ate an red apple for desert, and went to our first class. Transfiguration.
After taking multiple turns and stairs, we finally arrived at the class room.
We sat next to each other in the front row and started reading the textbook.

I didn't realize that there was a tabby cat sitting on top of the professor's desk. After awhile, every one, well except for Harry and Ron were sat at their seats.
"Where are they?" I asked Hermoine. She shrugged and as if on Que. the boys came running in panting.
"Whew, we made it, can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Hermione rolls her eyes at them and shakes her head. Draco was smirking, and I glared at him. The cat jumps off the desk and turns into Professor McGonagall. The two boys were amazed, and so was I. "That was bloody brilliant." Ron states looking at her wide eyed. "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, maybe one of you would be on time." Ron and Harry gulped. "We got lost." Harry argues. "Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." McGonagall says and I stifled a laugh. I love her already.

After Transfiguration was Potions. The class I dreaded the most. Mainly because of the professor, not the class it self. I went to the dungeon with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Well, maybe not together, since Ron and Harry weren't talking to Hermione, and she was doing the same to them.

We entered the class room, which had a dark and grim atmosphere, and took our seats. The students were chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons when suddenly the door slams open and Snape comes rushing in. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few-" he looks at Draco, but I didn't quite see his expression. "who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stop in death." Snape sees Harry, writing this down, not paying attention. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention." Hermione nudges Harry in the ribs and he looks up. I eye him worried.
"Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks and Draco snickers and than smirks. I glared at him and he glared back. Hermione's hand shots up but Snape ignores her as Harry shrugs. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shoots up again, but Snape ignores her once more. "I don't know, Sir." Harry shrugs. "And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Snape asks in a mocking tone. "I don't know, Sir." Harry shrugs again and I sighed. "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Snaps snickers and I mentally glare at him. I don't like Snape at all. He hates us for no reason!

We had a free period after Potions, so we all went to the great hall, working on our homework to spend the free time. Seamus was trying a spell on a cup. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum." He says and than looks in the cup and shakes head. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..." He tried again. "What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asks. "Turn it into rum. He actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before..." ZAPOOF! Ron got cut off by the cup exploding. We all laughed at poor Seamus, who was covered in ash.

Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above. "Ah. Mail's here!" Ron and I exclaimed and waited eagerly for our owls to arrive. The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. I got a letter with a small box attached to it.