Ch. 4 Cat?

Noir hugged onto MaryWeather’s leg begging not carry if she was being dragged across the floor.

  “NO, MARYWEATHER!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEASE, DON’T PUT HIM,” she pointed at Phoenix who was walking next to MaryWeather, “IN MY ROOM!!!”

MaryWeather shook her leg, “No! NOW GET OFF!!!”

  Noir fell to the floor crossed her arms and pouted. Then suddenly like a light bulb had come on she jumped up and grabbed MaryWeather’s arm that was about to insert the key to Noir’s room.  

 “Wait!”

MaryWeather glared at Noir; Mitchi meowed a warning about her anger. She took a deep breath and counted to ten then looked at Noir with less annoyance, “What is it?”

Noir was clearly dropping up and down with excitement on what she just thought about.

   “MaryWeather, you do know that it’s against campus rules for guys and girls to share rooms?”

Noir grinned innocently, and bat her eye lashes to add to effect hoping that this would convince MaryWeather to force the- one- that- thinks -he -can fly into someone, (OF THE SAME SEX!), room.

  MaryWeather cocked an eyebrow and without taking her eyes off of Noir she took the room key out of the hand that Noir was holding, and inserted the key. While Noir watched in horror; she let go of MaryWeather’s arm and slumped to the floor pressing her face to the carpet. She moaned, “Noooooo…. I died; my life has come to an end.”

She felt someone nudge her with their foot when she didn’t respond they spoke.

   “It seems she wasn’t kidding when she said she died. Should I go get a large black Hefty brand trash bag?”

The voice belonged to-the-suppose-to-become-prince Phoenix and what he said made her irritated. She grunted and pushed herself off the floor only coming to his shoulder which angered her even more. ‘He’s so naïve! I bet he thinks that because I’m shorter he can be Mister Big and Bad! Humph! I’ll knock him down a couple of inches.’ A sly smirk appeared on her lips, Phoenix raised an eyebrow at her sudden change of attitude. He shrugged, ‘Oh well’, he thought.

He titled his head sideways, “I thought you said you died because I was about to go and get a Hefty bag to put your body in?”

Noir narrowed her eyes at him, “Really? You’re so damn naïve.”

  Phoenix opened his mouth to respond with a smart ass comment, but he was cut off.

“Ahem, put away your claws little kitties, it’s time to get you two settled,” Mitchi walked between the feuding two and sat down, “c’mon go on in MaryWeather seems not to be much help.” She narrowed her eyes at MaryWeather who was watching the two quarrel with a lot interest.

  MaryWeather noticed Mitchi’s evil glare, she shrugged as if innocent, “What?”

“His Highness here isn’t the only one who’s naïve,” Mitchi growled and stalked past MaryWeather into Noir’s room.

The rest followed in; Noir came to the middle of her room and shuddered noticing the only bed in her room was a queen size. This wasn’t much room to sleep on the edge of the bed away from someone of the different sex. She shuddered again, “One thing I’ll like to say before Phoenix here decides to sleep in here,” she said to MaryWeather, “he better keep it in his pants or he’ll lose the most important thing in his sex life. Got it?” Noir said the last part to Phoenix who was smirking.

MaryWeather nodded, but.

   “You don’t have to worry about me and my large friend,” Noir and Mitchi paled but he went on, “because, little one, you’re not my type.”

Noir inwardly wanted to strangle him or blow his head off at his smart assed comment, but she kept a leveled head and breathed deeply.

MaryWeather looked on from the other and felt uneasy at the sudden still atmosphere, “Well, ‘Kay,” she clapped her hands together to make the feeling less awkward, “unless you go ahead and change your mind, buddy boy, then make sure to have a condom present.”

As soon as she said that three pairs of eyes gave her the death glare; she laughed nervously. She slipped through the door, “‘Kay bye!”

Mitchi shook her head, “That MaryWeather, I wonder what life would be like without her.” She thought about it, “humph, boring but not bad,” Mitchi grinned evilly, “hummmm…”

Mitchi shook her head to clear her thoughts and looked up at the two above her, “play nice, little kitties, and don’t kill each other!” She half-joked, Mitchi was serious about them not killing each other, or Phoenix pissing off Noir enough for her to go off.

Before Mitchi slipped out the door she turned towards Noir and smiled, “get some rest sweetie, ‘Kay?”

   Noir nodded without breaking her intense glare with the man before her who had the stupidest smirk that she had ever seen.

Phoenix casually leaned against the wall and stuck his hands in his pockets, “Is that a challenge I read from your body language?”

Noir’s eye twitched, “I really don’t like you.”

  His smirk became a grin, “I guess that’s a yes then I expect your challenge little witch. Hope you can keep up with a big cat like me.”

Noir smirked and crossed her arms, “You may think your friend is large now but when I’m done there will be nothing left for you to pull out of your pants.”

He only chuckled in a sexy manner, and when he looked at her in the eye there was a wild danger dancing in his ember colored eyes.

  “Whatever makes the challenge more interesting I’m game for.”