It Was Worth It (Larry Stylinson One-Shot)

Harry listened to Louis over the phone talk non stop about his on and off boyfriend Liam and his heart shattered every time Louis cried over him as he realised Louis will never be his and that he was doomed to watch him cry and beg for Liam's attention when the only person who could love him unconditionally and without restraints was right in front of him but he was too scared to tell him and ruin their five year long friendship.

You call me up,

It's like a broken record,

Saying that your heart hurts,

That you never get over him getting over you,

And you end up crying,

And I end up lying,

Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do,

The pair had met in seventh grade when Harry accidentally bumped into tiny Louis sending him down to the ground scattering his books all over the place. He had immediately apologised bending down to help him up and pick up his books when he looked at his eyes and immediately became mesmerized with those shiny happy blue eyes and smiled giving him his books back with both of them introducing themselves.

Since Harry was a brand new student and the school year was halfway over he had no friends and no one to sit at lunch with, he had gotten his lunch and was on his way to sit at an empty table when he heard that melodic voice calling him over. He turned around and was met with Louis standing up in front of a table with a few other kids and smiling at him so big Harry felt his heart skip a beat.

He was introduced to Louis' friends who waved and smiled warmly back at him. Niall, a blond cheerful kid with big blue eyes and an Irish accent who could eat twice his body weight and still stay skinny. Perrie, also a blond who had a very nice sense of humor with beautiful blue eyes and along with Niall they kept the whole table laughing non stop at their jokes and antics.

He was then introduced to Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Michael who hugged him and smiled so big at him he swore their faces were gonna split at any minute. They made innapropriate but funny jokes and Harry had never laughed so hard in his whole entire life. That day he had made new friends and then slowly became best mates with Louis as the days went by.

Harry didn't know when or how but as the years went by he found himself falling for Louis and when he realised it he was already way too deep in to even think about anybody else but Louis. Ninth grade Louis tried out for the football (soccer) team and made it in, he had been so happy he had rushed over to Harry's house to give him the news hugging the green eyed boy so tight, it only made Harry's feelings for him grow stronger and right then and there Harry knew he was a goner.

Not long after that Louis had invited Liam and Zayn over to sit with them as well as Danielle, Eleanor, Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne making the group larger and with that, new friends for Louis to talk to leaving him with less and less time with him. Louis had met Liam and Zayn through the football team and Harry couldn't help but feel replaced by Liam as he watched how Louis' eyes would shine every time Liam had all his attention directed towards him.

And when the phone call finally ends,

You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"

And we're going in circles again and again,

Tenth grade Harry felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest then smashed into millions of tiny little pieces when Louis and Liam announced they were dating, everyone had congratulated them even Harry who did his best to look happy on the outside for Louis' sake but deep inside he was dying wishing for Louis to see him the way he saw Liam, wishing he had the guts to confess to him all those feelings buried deep inside of his heart.