Gone for Good

"The menu is perfect. I wonder who chose it" Tyler mocked as he savored the tasty beef. Since they sat, Ellen said nothing. She ate silently giving the audience glimpses from time to time. But mostly, she'd stick her gaze to her plate. He lowered his fork and swallowed even though he hadn't chewed the food well.
"Ellen. Are you still mad?" He questioned staring at her still face.
He smelled Alphas' scent approaching. Sebastian and Jess, one of the oldest competitors of the lands all along with his pack,and he frowned. He hated them.
Ellen couldn't meet Tyler's gaze. She was still mad at him. How could he mark her when she's not his mate. But suddenly as he asked her about her madness, she felt his discomfort. She looked up to see Sebastian and another man. From his smell she could tell he was an Alpha. And she recalled seeing him with Tyler in several meetings.
She looked at Tyler for the first time that night and she saw him frowning. She knew her discomfort was from Tyler's. She liked feeling his ones but hated him feeling hers.
As if on time, she remembered their kind's sense of hearing and thought for a second that a person like Sebastian with all the evil inside him might have eavesdropped on them. So she smiled and looked at Tyler,"Why would I be mad? I'm just trying to adjust to the new feelings." She touched her mark lightly,"I can feel everything related to you"
Sebastian frowned. When he decided to approach the tensed couple, he wanted to prove to Jess that Tyler wasn't as happy as he looked. And the new Luna wasn't as perfect as everyone was talking about. But once he stood there the tension subsided and the Ellen was smiling to her husband as her hands adored the mark. He didn't think she liked it. But seeing her like that meant she did.
"Oh, Hello Alphas. Hope our feast is to your appealing?" He heard the sweet voice of the beautiful Ellen talking.
"It is in fact. You're amazing your highness." Jess took Ellen's hand into his and kissed her respectfully. She blushed. And he wondered as always, why does this beauty blush whenever single acts like these encounter her. In their community, women are tough, not as men, but they are tough and more manly than female-humans are. But Ellen was the right sample of a female anyone could encounter. She wasn't as slurry as the women in the town that cooed whenever he talked to them, either. She kept her image as clear as possible. Out of any dark dots.
Why would Tyler have her?! She was better than having him as a husband.
"Alpha Sebastian, my wife asked you whether you liked the food?"
Sebastian planted a quick smile,"Nothing you do isn't magnificent"
Ellen's cheeks pinked as she lowered her head shyly.

Soon the music started and everyone was cheering them to initiate the dance. Tyler found himself asking Ellen to dance. and to his surprise she accepted the offer with a grin.
His touch was light as they turned around the dance floor. He leaned to whisper in her ears,"Thank you for earlier and now"
He sensed her smiling but he knew it wasn't heartily,"My job, Alpha"
Back to formality, he thought. He looked down and saw the mark. A voice in his mind nagged,"try kissing the mark. It'll give you an amazing feeling"
He wanted to, but it wasn't appropriate. He shut his wolf down and whispered again,"Does't hurt?"
Ellen looked confused. So he added,"The mark I mean"
She tripped and lowered her head to hide it. He loved her when she gets shy. Loved her?! God that mark was driving him crazy. He loved none but Eden. Speaking of, where was she? He thought as he skimmed the floor. Suddenly, he could no longer smell anyone but the woman in his hands.

~*~

"I can no longer see him walking freely as he wishes. I can't see him act so normal. We need to move! Tonight!"
The woman spoke angrily.
"He won't leave her. He marked her for god's sake!" The man argued, but the woman hushed him,"Don't worry about that. The mark is fresh. This day actually, so it won't affect them that much. Soon both will get used to its burning. Let's just stick to the plan"
After long negotiations, the man agreed. He walked away giving order to his men as the woman retreated back to her table.