He didn't answer.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer..."

"Yes, It was Clara."

"You still love her?"

"Yes"

He still loves her?

I felt a little bad.

How can this guy still like her? She has made Evan's life miserable.

He stood up from beside him.

"Why? Why still? She left you, for god's sake!", I snapped.
I don't know why, but I felt a little angry now.

"She broke your heart Evan. She is the reason, your life became so miserable, that you were not even afraid of dying in that race!", I half-shouted.

He looked at me with confused expression.

"Becca, it's nothing like that... she... "

"Shut up Evan! Then how is it? You are telling me that you still love her? You are suffering here and she.. she must be enjoying in someone else's bed right now !"

"Becca! Stop it! She died of cancer a year ago!"

_______________________________________
Hours later..

"You loved her a lot, didn't you?", I asked.

He nodded.

Evan told me that Clara had cancer and that she died a year ago.

Clara was his childhood sweetheart. His friend, his lover, his support system. After Clara died, Evan was shattered. He was broken. He never imagined his future without her. She was his life. And few months after Clara's death, Evan's parents died as well.

It must have been hard for Evan.

I wish I could do something to make him feel better.

Right now, we were still sitting in my room. Evan had hint of tears in his eyes when he was talking to me about Clara and his parents.

I wonder how it is not have anyone around. To loose all those important people from your life in few months. I cannot imagine myself in his situation. It terrifies me.

Poor Evan.

"She loved you?", I asked.

He looked at me.

"She loved more than her life. Even when she was dying, she wanted me to not cry. She wanted me to move on. She made me promise that I will move on with my life. But I broke that promise..."

"She was a nice girl.", I said.

"Indeed. She was perfect. She was an amazing girl. Cheerful and Outgoing. Always ready for drama.", he smiled at the memory.

"She was crazy. You know she had weird tastes, she would make an irritated face if she smelled coffee around her. She hated coffee just like....", he paused, " ......just like you."

Ohhhhhhhh, this explains why he was frowning that day when I told him that I hate coffee. It was because I had that one trait similar to Clara.

"Like this she would make a face.", he scrunched up his nose and showed me how Clara would make a face.

I chuckled as well.

"What? Don't laugh! Even your nose looks like that when you smell coffee!", he told me.

What? No!

"No way! I don't look like this!", I told him.

"You do!", he laughed, but not whole heartedly.

"I don't!", I huffed.

Soon, his laughter turned into a nervous smile and that smile faded eventually.

He looked lost. Again.

"It must have been difficult. I understand.", I told him.

He nodded.

"Do you miss her?"

"A lot.", he almost immediately answered.

I felt a little bad.

But why am I feeling bad?

I stood up from where I was sitting and started walking towards the kitchen.

"Becca?"

He held my hand from behind making me turn to look at him.

"Thank you.", he added.

Thank you for what?
I looked at him with a confused expression.

"For?"

"For being there. For listening to me. I never talked to anybody about this. But with you, today I felt like telling you. I trust you. So.. thank you.", he smiled.

His words brought a smile on my face as well.

Evan trusted me with this. He trusts me.

I am feeling butterflies in my stomach.
Do I like Evan?

No!

But...
His smile, his cute frown, his handsome face.
His confession? That he trusts me?
All this is making me feel something...

Do I...

Urrghhh... its confusing!

"Are you hungry?", I asked.

He looked at me with a confused expression and then laughed.

"Yes Becca, I am!", he answered he finished laughing at my sudden stupid question. Huh!

I think they are the hungry monsters of my stomach, not the butterflies that were making me feel something...

____________________________________

Phewww....
Finally the secret is out..
I was so excited to write this chapter.

Liked it?

Please Vote and Comment.