Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9•
•And they say girl's have mood swings•

              It is in the middle of the night and we were are Bayne's Way. It is a beautiful place. My dad always told me to visit this place but I never came here.

Who knew I am going to end up coming here because of one Jerk face's mistake!

After we realized that we were on the wrong way, we decided to take a U-turn and go back.

It was all okay before he abruptly stopped the car.

What does he want now!

"Why did you stop the car? Listen I do not want to waste more time! Its becoming difficult to be with you, since you are so mean!" I half-shouted.

           He suddenly looked at me and I saw something in his eyes. I couldn't read it. He kept quiet and got down from the car.

What ?
Is this guy for real?
Nobody in my whole life has ever been so mean to me. Ever.

"What do you think you are doing? Where are you going?" I asked him from inside the car.

He kept walking.

"Wait !" I came out of the car and followed him.

               He didn't answer my question and didn't even look at me. Instead he just looked straight and kept walking ahead.

                I increased my speed trying to match his pace. He was so fast. I was practically running.

I held his arm and forced him to stop.

"Where do you think you are going?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

"Answer me! Drop me home! Now! " I shouted.

Again, no answer.

Then I did something evil.

I pinched him.

What? He wasn't answering me. I thought pinching would help.

"Owwwww! Girl, that hurts! Why did you pinch me?!" He yelled wincing in pain.

My pinch worked I think. Good job Becca!

         He grabbed my arm, pulled me closer. His grip around my arms tightened. I could see something in his blue eyes. Anger?

Was he angry at me? What did I do?

Who gets so angry just because of pinching?
I am sure this is not the only reason.

His glare was actually intimidating.

          Then he loosened his grip. And pushed me a little away. I saw my right arm and noticed some red marks appearing on them. They hurt.

"Just go and wait for me in the car, we are out of fuel. I'll go and see what we can do," he said and started walking.

          I couldn't wait there. The lane was empty. It wasn't safe to be alone there. So I decided to walk with him. But this time, I didn't try to talk to him. I just kept walking behind him.

"I told you to go and wait for me in the car!" he said. His voice was so cold.

"I- I- didn't want to wait there. Can I come with you? " I asked him in a soft tone, my voice cracking.

Frankly, I felt a little intimidated by his presence now.

I was scared. But I couldn't do anything. He was the only person I knew. I didn't have any other option but to keep up with his attitude. I needed his help right now.

He looked at me and his expressions... softened?

The anger seemed to be sinking now. But his face turned to emotionless. Again.

It was difficult to read him.

           One moment, he is this irritating fellow, who was laughing on me to get a reaction out of me so that he could make fun of me and the other moment he turns into this cold intimidating guy.

"Hmm..." was all he said.

No comeback? No making fun of me?

And we started walking ahead.

On our way, he asked a man where we could get the fuel. The man showed us the way and we started walking in that direction.

         It was almost 15 minutes. There was silence. we both didn't talk to each other at all.

          We were walking and we came across a Diner/Cafe. I think it was a 24/7 Diner.

          My stomach growled and I realized that I didn't have anything after the lunch. I was hungry.

"Ummm... Evan? I- I- am hungry. "

●●●

Please Comment and tell me how you felt about the chapter.

Love you❤