Chapter 3

"Angel? What happened to you?" Kristine asked, rushing over to me.

I pushed away. "Nothing. I couldn't see where I was walking. I ran into a few brick buildings," I lied. No way was I gonna tell Kristine. She'd call the police. And I don't want them involved. Not until I get to have my share of fun...

It was obvious that Kristine didn't believe me. So I pushed past her before she could ask.

When I was safely isolated in my room, I pulled out my phone and called Frank.

"Angel? Hey. What happened after school? You weren't on the bus."

I squeezed my eyes shut. "Got busted for cutting class."

"Oh. Do you want me to come over? You are home, right?"

"Yeah. I'm here. And there's actually someone I want you to meet. She's pretty cool."

"Okay. Give me five minutes." The phone clicked.

I sat and looked out the window as Frank drove to Lexi's house. Before he came over, I had called Lexi and asked her where she lived. She was at Gerard's house at the time, but she gave me the address anyway.

....

Stella opened the door. She was wearing the same thing- a red corset top, black jeans, black Vans, and a black leather jacket. "Hey. I'm guessing Lexi gave you the address. She's not home-"

"I know. She's with Gerard. We came to hang out with you."

"Oh."

"This is Frank. You've probably met him already since Lexi's dating Gerard," I said.

"Yeah. We've met." Stella opened the door a little bit more. "Wanna come in?"

"Sure," I answered.

"Okay," Frank agreed.

Stella led us upstairs to her bedroom. I noticed there was a barred window outside her room, making it look like some kind of midieval dungeon. Inside her room was completely black. Even the carpet was black. Stella switched the light on. Red flooded the room. It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust.

"Cool room," I commented.

Stella flopped onto her bed. "Thanks. So what did you want?"

"Nothing much. We just wanted to-" I began to say.

"Angel likes Gerard!" Frank blurted out.

"Frank!!!" I hissed.

"What? It seemed like the perfect time to say it..."

"Yeah. Maybe I can help..." Stella said thoughtfully.

"You... Want to help me? But that would mean going against Lexi?" I asked, slightly intrigued.

"I know some things that you could never even guess about Lexi. She doesn't deserve someone as good as Gerard."

"But it's not right. Lexi had him first..." I say hesitantly.

"Listen. Do you want me to help, or not?" Stella snapped impatiently.

I glanced at Frank. "No..." I answered. "I don't want any trouble."

"Ah. So you're the goody-two-shoes. That's respectable. At least you're a loyal friend." Stella nodded to show her approval.

"Angel. What's that on your arm?" Frank asked, grabbing my arm to inspect it.

I tore my arm away and pulled down my sleeve, covering my green and blue bruises that had formed. "Nothing," I mumbled.

"Sure looks like something," Stella commented.

"Okay. I ran into a wall!" I lied. "And I was too embarrassed to say anything. So this stays between us..."

Frank gave me a look. "We'll talk about this later."

"Well, this has been so fun," Stella announced sarcastically. "But I have some things I need to get to."

"Oh. Okay, have fun with that," Frank said.

"Yeah..." I muttered.

"Let's go see what Mikey's up to," Frank suggested once we were outside.

"Why?" I asked a little too quickly.

"Okay. What's your deal, Angel? You were perfectly fine thisi morning. At first, I thought it was because of Gerard. But after seeing those bruises..." Frank didn't even finish his sentence. I can only assume that he thought I did it.

I turned away from him. "It's nothing. I was running in the rain, so I couldn't see."

"I'm not stupid. I'll leave you alone for now. But you can't hide it forever," Frank said before starting up his car. He didn't look at me once during the ride to Mikey's.

"Hey, Angel. What are you doing here?" Mikey asked when he opened the door.

"It was Frank's idea," I say, motioning to Frank, who was now getting out of the car.

"Oh... Well, apparently, Frank wants to talk to me about something... So you can just head up to my room, and we'll meet you in there," Mikey said.

-------

I would've uploaded earlier... But my jackass brother dropped the computer "accidentally." -____-. Anyway, expect the next chapter sometime tomorrow. The song is "This is How I Disappear" by My Chem. This song always gives me (good) chills... ^_^