[2]

Yoichi's POV

I offer to walk with Yuu-kun to gym class. He's been off so long that I assume that he hasn't got the new timetable. We are left in silence as we make our way to the changing rooms, both deep in thought. I can't believe Mika-san is gone. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Crap, I can't even begin to imagine how Yuichirou is feeling. I wish I could just wrap my arms around him and tell him it'll be okay, and everything will get better. I wont though- I've hugged him enough. I had never seen Yuu-kun cry before today, and I honestly hope I don't have to see it again. He deserves to be happy.

"What have you been doing while I've been away?" He asks in a low, monotone voice. 

"Oh, um, volleyball." I smile up at him as we enter the building. I hook my bag up, rummaging through it to find my shirt and shorts. I glance over to Yuu as he pulls on a long sleeved shirt.

His arms. 

I freeze, staring at the damaged flesh. Linear incisions cover the surface area of his slender arms, some raised, some faded and some fresh. I fight back the tears I feel welling up in my eyes as I stand glancing at the unfortunate side effect of depression. 

"Shall we go?" Yuichirou says managing a weak smile. I smile back and nod, holding the door and gesturing for Yuu-kun to go first.