The Massacre Princess (Chapter XI, Welcome, My Knight)

Chapter XI – Welcome, My Knight

Euphemia’s body shivered as she felt her half-brother’s arms around her. There was a slight breeze covering him which surprised her.

“W-What is it, Lelouch?” she asked and turned around.

“Ah, nothing really. Need some help?”

The princess shook her head and smiled. “What brings you here, hm?”

“Nothing actually” the prince chuckled and sat down on the couch. He looked around the big office. “Are you okay with this place?”

“This is really too big for me, but it’s okay since my sister gave it too me.”

Lelouch chuckled and looked as if he is testing her. “So, what are your plans right now?”

“Of course, do my duty as a princess and serve the Emperor.”

“And…?”

“..and?” she softly mumbled. “What do you mean?”

He burst out laughing suddenly as he heard her repeat his word. “Euphy, you really haven’t changed a bit!”

“What do you mean by the first one you said?”

“Are you always going to serve the Emperor?”

“I….well…y-yes…”

The prince gave a sharp glare at her. “Serving huh…isn’t that quite boring?”

She gulped and breathes deep for air. His questions and words confuse her a lot. Serving the Emperor is their main duty, what more the prince can ask for? Is serving him not enough yet?