Chapter 12: Fly away from here

Start from the beginning

She says nothing, opening the back door of the car, reaching for her backpack. "I have a map and a phone. We will find something," her eyes suddenly brighten up, almost shining holes through my skin with the intensity of blue in them, "actually, I just got a better idea."
I roll my eyes shamelessly, having absolutely no power over my face. I can't stop smiling.
"We will catch the train," she walks closer to me, taking my shoulders and shaking them a little. At first I'm a little in shock. God, I have to get used to people touching me.

"And where?" I ask as Clarke turns around and puts the things back in the place she took them from.
"Anywhere, I don't care," she says and sits back behind the steering wheel. This day is a really strange one.

Honestly I even stopped thinking about the hangover. I've never been too sick from alcohol and I always handled it well; guess this is the time I'm honestly glad I have this skill. Clarke looks more hungover than me, yet she's acting like some clown borrowed her body. She can't mask the bags under her eyes though.

When I sit next to her again and she gets off to the direction of the train station, I have an urge to ask her about the alcohol. "How are you handling this?" I turn my head to face her, "I mean, you looked pretty damaged in the morning and now you're playing music the loudest you can and you don't even mind the sun."
She smiles again, like I just did her a compliment. "I don't know," she says, "guess the morning shower in the stream was truly refreshing."

I have to remember it again, forcing myself not to laugh out loud with the memory of jumping and falling in the water this early morning.
"Or you just have indeed miraculous effects, Lexa Woods," Clarke adds, turning her head almost without notice. But I catch her glimpse and feel my cheeks going slightly warmer. I have to change the subject.

I clean my throat. "How far is the train station?" I ask, paying attention on the road again to get me distracted.
"Wait.." She whispers, background music making her voice silent, "3..2..1.. Here."
There's the feeling of me being ashamed of not recognizing the place surrounding us. I used to travel a lot with train with Costia.

The thought of her hits me, catching me completely off the guard. What would she say to me forgetting about her?
And the fact why I'm suddenly so open to the girl I don't even know hits me even harder.

Clarke is very similar to Costia. They're both impulsive, getting angry easily and very spontaneous. Costia used to bring me to every kind of trips you can imagine. We were in the mountains together, not even skiing, only wandering the land of Europe. She took me to the Latin America once too. But the best trip was the one that was the closest.

"It's a surprise," Costia said, covering my eyes with her small palms. "You'll like it."
The strong urge to just turn my head and kiss her on her cheek was overwhelming me. Her hands smelled like flowers and so did everything around us. We were outside, making our way possibly through some meadow. I had to keep my eyes closed all the time, it had been eternity since I had them opened.

"Let me count to three," she stopped in her tracks and lessened the push on my eyes, "one.. Two.. Three!"
My eyelids slowly glued apart as she removed her palms from my face.
The picture when I finally could see was unbelievable. It was late evening and the sun was just going down. We were standing at the highest point of Vancouver and there was a large quilt spreading among the grass. The candles were lit and there was a pizza in the middle of it.

"Oh my," I covered my mouth with hands, viewing the spectacular landscape with shock and awe in my eyes, "Costia.. Why did you do this?"
"I kinda wanted to make something nice," she said, grinning like stupid, "you know, like we used to do. We used to do those late picnics in other countries but it never occurred to us that we didn't do one in our city. So here it is."

Now I could finally do what all of my body cells had been telling me to since Costia got me out of my bed. I turned around and leaned forward to pull her head closer and kiss her lips like it is the last time. I always kissed gently, Costia had always been the one who was rushing everything. But not this time. It was the slow kiss that made us realize how much we cared for each other.

She pulled away with smile on her face, making me swoon by biting her lip softly. "Turn around. You'll miss the view."
There were little sparkles in my eyes that could only be caused by her existence, her presence near me. "If I turned away from you," I whispered, "I'd miss the most breathtaking, astonishing view I've ever had."

--------------------------------------

We can all agree that we really needed some happy chapter. I definitely did. I hope you enjoyed it, like I did when writing it, it brought me to another place.

IF THERE'S SOMEONE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN EPISODE 3x07 STOP READING NOW

Lexa's death hit all of us. It's still really hard for me to talk about it and I don't know if I'll ever be over it completely because she was so important to me. I know many of you can relate to the way I'm feeling.

But let's talk about the better things! If anyone's interested, yes, I will keep on writing this fanfiction and yes, I will keep on watching the 100. It won't be like before but I will still watch it for Clarke, Raven, Octavia etc.
I'm sorry that the updating schedule is so out of control lately but as I said earlier, I'm trying my best.

I wanna thank all of you for 10K here because that's really insane!! I had 8K when I finished circumstances and look at it now.. Unbelievable. Thank you for your support! Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter and comment if you have anything to say about it.