Chapter 4 - Cover Up

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Melanie will be fine. I just want to get it looked at."

I huffed and pouted back into my seat. Should I tell him? Should I tell him what really happened that night? Why I'm even alive to be in this situation? I just don't know if he could handle the truth, or if he's even believe it. I could hardly accept it myself at first, but now it feels like casual conversation.

I chose to keep quiet, at least for now.

The ride to the hospital was short, thankfully. I followed my father inside to the Emergency room. It wasn't busy. I suppose people mostly stick to themselves in this town. 

"Hi, my daughter cut her hand open a few minutes ago and I think she needs stitches," Dad told to the nurse at the reception desk. She clicked a few times on her computer.

"Her name?"

"Emma Brisbane."

"Alright, we'll have someone with you shortly."

My father nodded at her and we found a pair of seats. He asked to see it. "I thought you didn't like blood," I said.

He rolled his eyes. "I was a boxer for 25 years, I can handle blood."

"Right," 

He motioned towards my hand but I held it closer to my chest. He sent me a look, but something else had already caught my attention. Two very suspicious boys appeared to be sneaking around the halls. I stood up.

"I'll be right back," I said to Dad.

"What? No, you're staying here!"

"Dad, look," I removed the towel from my hand and showed him my completely healed skin. "I'm fine, see? Now, just go home. I'll see you there."

"Emma,"

But I had already darted off. I felt bad, ditching him like that without as much as an explanation. But I had to see what these two idiots were doing here. I could just feel the fact that they were up to something. Something about werewolves.

 I crept around the corner in time to see them enter the elevator. "Hold the door!" I called, running towards them. They both looked up at me in confusion. The doors began to close, but Stiles pushed against them so I could enter. "Thanks," I said, out of breath.

"Um, not to be offensive or anything but...uh, what are you doing here?" asked Stiles. 

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." I said, folding my arms across my chest and cocking a brow. The two boys glanced at each other uncomfortably. "Now spill."

"We...uh...we're here to...to see Jackson!" said Stiles. I rolled my eyes.

"You have about three seconds to tell me why you're really here before I start screaming at the top of my lungs." I threatened. "One...two...thr - "

"We're here to see the body they found in the woods!" Scott admitted, glaring. "I smelled something on Derek's property and I want to see if it matches the body."

I smiled. "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"I thought you were the shy, quiet type..." muttered Stiles.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I prefer the term reserved."

"Right,"

What Scott had said finally settled with me. I was also appalled at how sassy I had been with Stiles. I almost felt...good. In some strange sense, of course.

"And why were you at Derek's?" I asked Scott.

That same moment the elevator doors opened and Scott was the first to exit. Once Stiles and I were off as well he turned to me. "Just don't worry about it, okay?"