Chapitre Dieciocho.

Start from the beginning

           The exact opposite happened though, of course. Because I heard the engine of the car get cut off, and the car door open and then slam.

           This was going to be a long morning.

***

           "So..." I trailed off, after everyone was awkwardly seated in the living room. I had shot glares at Dan hoping that he would fall to the floor and have an aneurysm or something. "What are you doing... Home from college..."

           Ronnie was seated next to Daniel, while I sat on the other side, on the other couch. Daniel was leaning as far away as he could from my sister, but she just didn't get the hint. He looked really uncomfortable, and even though I was enjoying him being like that, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor kid. 

           "I just missed you all so much!" She exclaimed and shoved her butt closer to Daniel, who was almost about to fall on the floor from leaning away from my sister. "And it is so nice to meet one of Sky's friends," She purred slowly, and put empathsis on the word friends.

           I wanted to puke.

           It made me really happy that Daniel didn't find my sister appealing at all, because it would have hurt me if he flirted back or moved closer to her after he said that he liked me too.

           I sighed and put my hands on my knees and stood up. I wanted a shower, badly. And I was so tired, and all I wanted to do was sleep. But Danny Boy here just had to inturrupt, not that I'm complaining, because it was hilarious seeing him like that with my sister.

           "Wait! Sky!" Veronica's snotty voice came into my thoughts as I was still standing infront of them, ready to walk out of the room and up the stairs to the shower. "John, our cousin, is getting married in a week or so, and mom and dad said that they weren't going, because we are old enough to go, so, we are going, and we need dates, and they said that you didn't know and that you need a date so you need to get a date and I need to get one too and yeah." She rambled. I could barely get a word out of her mouth as I stared at her as if she had grown two heads.

           I nodded my head slowly at her as she smiled widely at me, showing me her white teeth. I forced a smile back and muttered to them that I had to go shower.

           Bad idea.

           Because after I came downstairs after my nice, long, hot shower, Daniel and Ronnie were rather... comfy on the couch.

           No, they weren't kissing, thank goodness, but they were close, and Dan actually seemed comfotable with her. Like, he was engaged in a deep conversation with her, and they were both smiling and laughing.

           Was I jealous?