The Horse Thief

Will put more up soon!! For now, heres this :D Tell me what you think!!

 Fer real children, if you commeted you liked it, it would make my week.

If ya'll gonna diss it now, take a hike if you dont want a syber nuckel sandwhich upside the face, ah'ight?

 MIghtey Greatful :D (I talk like that for fun, I dont live in a trailer park)

----Prologue

William quietly crept towards the barn. He had just passed the Office door and was creeping parallel to the building when a few feet behind him the door banged open. The breath caught in his throat, “Dang it.” He muttered. The owner of the horse farm didn’t enjoy folks sneaking around just to horse gaze. If they came to buy an overpriced horse, that was fine by him. But if you’re taking a Sunday walk along the road with your children and stop as to even admire a pinto, you had better get the heck off his property when you hear him coming. Will pivoted slowly on his heel keeping his arms stiff. The door stood open. There was no window in it, but he could from under it a pair of boots. Black boots that looked like they had been polished for an hour, nearly every morning, of every single day of their existence. Something was said from inside and the door slammed shut. Will swallowed hard and crept backwards, keeping an eye on the doorknob, ready to do what must be done if he should see it rotate. He turned the corner and sighed with relief just to turn and smack into a 6’5 figure. The way Will saw it, the only thing that could be done in this situation was to simply flee like a mad man, so he made a wild dash for it. The extremely tall guy grabbed the back of Will’s shirt before he could run, lifted him up and put him back in his original place. Will put up a good struggle, gathering the fact that the other man was stronger, eight years older, and a heck of a lot taller.

            “Hey, hey! Slow down sonny, don’t want Fletch in your fur do you?” The man said grinning.

Will readjusted his hat and gazed upward at the older man, “You mean, your not going to sound the alarm? Chased me off with his shotgun last time.”

      “Naw, can’t stand the man myself. Cross my heart and hope to hang.”

      “Hang…” Will said, working the word in his mouth. “That’s nice.” He made a face. Will had heard to many stories of hangings, heck, he’d seen a few. He now regretted doing so and never again wanted to see the swinging body of the horse thief’s or of the bank robber’s neck. Will looked around awkwardly and decided it wouldn’t hurt to make small talk.

      “So, what are you doing here then?”

      “Needed a place to stay for a while.” Will raised his eyebrow, “Beggars can’t be choosy.” The man said and shrugged. Will looked him up and down. He didn’t look like a beggar. Heck, he could of made a lot of money holding up a roof… or something.

   Eyeing the two pistols tucked in his belt, Will asked, “So, you working for him then?”

The man seemed extremely uncomfortable. “Uhh yeah, you could say that.” His smile faltered. He seemed unsettled by what Will had asked him, “I, ahh, should get going.” He said as he pointed with his thumb over his shoulder. Will leaned to the side, arms crossed and looked past the man. He didn’t see anything in need of attention.

      Will held out his hand, “William Hunt.” He said, introducing himself.

      The man shook it, “Fett. Fett West.”

Fett turned and strolled away, his spurs clicking. His legs were bent in a way of a man who had spent his whole life on the back of a horse, and one who planned to do a whole lot more of it. Little did he know that the last death he would arrange would be his own.