Chapter 5

Evie

I stare at the empty spot in front of me on the what was a blank background. I look to the list of words and phrases that the boys had come up with. Words crossed out with a red line through them, notifying which had been already placed on the background. I look to the bottom of the list, one phrase remains, "Don't say a word at all." I hold the spray can out in front of me and my other hand holding the mask over my mouth and nose, blocking out the toxic fumes. I let the paint flow through the air which then turned into the cursive words. I placed the can down beside my kneeled body and pushed myself up off the ground to look over the finished background, the others who had also been painting the background stand beside me. It is exactly what I had wanted for the shoot, something which showed passion, vulnerability, and the struggles of life. I smile to myself, actually feeling proud of what has come out of this. For an idea which was only created less than 12 hours ago, it is all really coming together perfectly. I quickly turned on my heels, leaving the remaining group of people to hang the background, ready for the shoot, while i went to check on how the boys were getting on, before getting my camera..

I maneuver my way through the corridor to the dressing room where the boys had been taken to, to be prepared for the shoot. I stand at the white door and raise my hand up to the solid surface. i rapidly knock on the door 3 times and then wait for a response.

"Come in if you dare." a voice laced with cheek and cockiness calls from behind the door. i take in a deep breath and push down on the door handle to release the door. As i push the door open a muffled thud and groan greeted me. I poke my head around the corner and see Michael knelt on the ground, gripping on to his left arm a look of pain and embarrassment plastered across his face. Next to him is a giggling Calum who look too proud of himself, topped off with cheeky grin and all. I attempt to hide my chuckle but it doesn't go unnoticed. As soon as I let out the small chuckle Luke's gaze looks up and over to me, he smiles and then winks at me. A blush creeps up upon my cheeks because of 2 reasons, one being because Luke Hemmings who looks away as if nothing had happened, when in reality I'm pretty sure he's being flirty towards me. Also because of my sudden realisation that these 4 guys are all naked.

God damn it, I'm already making a fool out of myself.

"Hey, I, um, just thought I'd come and see how you guys are getting on?" I chuckle nervously.

"Yeah, I think we are nearly done. Well i am anyway." Michael laughs

"Of course you'd be finished first." Calum stated in a mocking tone.

"That's what she said." Luke called out in laughter. Calum, michael and Ashton all followed in loud laughter, while the 4 girls who were in charge of the boys quietly laugh to themselves. I let out a small laugh. He made a pretty good call there. I tried to keep myself from laughing, but it was hard especially when, out of the corner of my eye i saw Luke with a big grin on his face, gazing back to me. I turned my focus away so that he wouldn't know that i had seen him.

"Yeah, they're all pretty much done. Just the finishing touches." Mia, one of the girls in charge of preparing the boys for the shoot, smiles towards me. Then flicking her attention back to the phrase she was halfway through painting on Luke's chest.

"Okay, well i thought i'd let you guys know that, we are ready out there when you guys are." I smile and turn back around to head back out to see how the background is looking and to set up my camera.

I was flickering through focal points when they walked in, hand covering themselves and for the first time it hit me that not only was I about to do a photoshoot for one of the most famous bands, they were naked and that didn't help nerves at all.